University of Limerick

University of Limerick Employee Reviews

orientation coordinator administrative assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castletroy, County Limerick9 December 2019
This year, I assisted the coordination of the 2019 Orientation as an administrative assistant involved in the recruiting of new staff and facilitating work schedules and payroll services. This included necessary experience in cash and budget handling as well as miscellaneous purchases of stock inventory.
Law Assistant
Tutor of Law (Former Employee) –  Limerick25 November 2019
Good campus, with lots of freedom to create your own teaching style. Good work life balance with all the amenities one could desire including onsite cafes and gyms.
A strong learning environment
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Chemical Sciences Department7 November 2019
There was constant room for improvement and growth at the University of Limerick. I improved a great deal from my time here both on a personal and professional level. My confidence in my scientific abilities increased and my leadership and teamwork skills greatly improved. I would recommend the University of Limerick to anyone.
Fun and frienly workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Limerick29 August 2019
I learned how to be patient and how to cooperate with people from different places. The management were very good with managin who couldnt do certain days and i feel like they were really nice to us.
badly managed place with great potential
Scientfic Researcher (PhD) (Current Employee) –  Limerick20 August 2019
basic services provided to staff is not well managed, access to research facilities is not well managed, but friendly staff.
I learned that one has to arrange things on his very own, since there is no real support available.
Pros
flexible working times
Cons
not well managed
Great job if you're in the right department for €35/class
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Limerick, Ireland31 July 2019
I worked as a tutorial instructor for a slew of classes and lecturers in the business department at the kemmy business building and Schumann building.
Only one lecturer had a bad reputation and her relationship with the head tutor made our lives pretty rough. I chose different teams and classes after that experience and have nothing but good things to say about everyone in that department minus those two individuals.
Enjoyable and Enhancing Work
Activity Leader (Former Employee) –  Limerick27 April 2019
I gained a lot of valuable experience in working with ATC. The chance to work with students and teachers as well as my colleagues was great, and benefited me a lot.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
productive and nice
Receptionist (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  office7 April 2019
great insight into the daily responsibilities of a hospital receptionist. Good working hours and flexible. Lovely colleagues and team spirit. Great to meet people
interesting job
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Castletroy, County Limerick11 January 2019
involved meeting new people and working as part of a team on a project. The project was about cyberbullying which is becoming an epidemic online leading to unhappiness in students.
Great Atmosphere
eLearning Technical Writer (Project) (Former Employee) –  Limerick16 October 2018
Great place to work. Interesting work, great facilities, good project support, travel, nice restaurants, good training and advancement. Lovely location and classes.
Pros
location, facilities
Extremely Interesting and very hands on.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilmallock, County Limerick17 September 2018
I found i was always racing around but if i ever needed help, there were many fabulous staff members that were delighted to help. Overall it's a very rewarding place to work.
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Limerick18 July 2018
Good place to work, goof environment and opportunities of work. Infrastructure is great and the greenest campus in Ireland. Work stability is the only small issue.
Fun, productice workplace
Junior Orientation Guide/ First Seven Weeks Guide (Former Employee) –  Limerick22 February 2018
Lovely place to work.
Typical day included greeting new students and breaking them into groups. From here icebreakers and tours were the call over the day.
It was my job to ensure the new students felt comfortable throughout the day and energy was kept high.
Buen amniente laboral
Enfermero (Former Employee) –  Limerick irlanda20 January 2018
Hospital con buenas condiciones laborales, mucha falta de personal
Pros
Posibilidad de ascender
Cons
Sin seguro medico
Great people to work with
Programme Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Limerick4 January 2018
Very much enjoyed my time in the International Education division of U.L as buddy program coordinator. Great colleagues, all friendly and helpful. Was left to work to my own initiative and come up with my own improvements for the system. My job was temporary, a filler between undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Productive and fun place, mutual respect for others
PhD student and Lecturer Irish World Academy (Former Employee) –  Limerick, Ireland20 October 2017
Great work environment, strong support and corporation between the management and staff. full ethical compliance. Learn about other peoples cultures due to the mixed cultures of staff at the institution. Friendly staff and students made working a pleasurable experience
Overall great school
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Limerick21 August 2017
Great working environment. The students and teachers are lovely. I worked there while attending UL for my Master's. It was an excellent learning experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrator, University of Limerick (Former Employee) –  Limerick24 May 2017
Typical work day included:
Carrying out large volumes of filing while retaining a good level of accuracy and efficiency.
Maintaining an effective administration system.
Meeting with customers to find opportunities that suit their wants and needs.
excellent
Orientation Guide (Former Employee) –  Limerick20 May 2017
great place to work. would highly recommend.
payment for my work could have been made easier however.
good training provided by the university also which was helpful
loved working here
All-Pro Cleaning Services (Former Employee) –  Limerick19 May 2017
i would clean all the students campus rooms when they finished up, i would make sure all was spotless clean and it was ready for next students to live in,
Pros
time was my own to clean
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Limerick. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6