Upskillist

Upskillist Job security & advancement reviews

Ireland20 reviews

Clear
3.0Job security & advancement

Encourage innovation and productivity and cool environment

They respect technical people and encourage to take management role too. Very good infrastructure and atmosphere to work. You will get funds to learn new technologies and skills and you can show your caliber. Shaw Academy means systems and process, excellent in that area. good work environment, work culture

It's good to working with Shaw Academy

Working with GE power since last one year a fantastic work culture, management very supportive ,high safety norms and standard . Good working culture, Excellent learning Distributed workload, balance life style

Productive work place

Great company to work with ,you get to learn a lot from your collegues Excellent employees benefit Employee friendly work environment and a very friendly seniors Thank you!

Pros

Learning opportunity and Career Growth

Cons

Postive and exciting fast paced place to work with loads of oportunity to progress

One of the best places i have had the pleasure to work at. Can speak highly enough of it. Want to get ahead and earn great commissions on top of your basic then this is the place for you. You will also learn so much on the job

Grew a lot at Shaw Academy - its really a life changing experience

I joined Shaw at M level position & faced lot of challenges, instead of considering it as problems I took it as opportunities (failed on some, succeeded on some) but really learnt a lot & growing to be a professional I never imagined I could be. Remember diamonds are made under intense heat & pressure and after that only they are most highly priced stone in the world.

Fast paced, can do environment.

Shaw Academy is a fast paced, progressive organisation with a can do attitude. It's an excellent environment if you want to build a career and the management are always open to new ideas. There's a high demand on performance but staff are well rewarded for achieving and over achieving on targets. There's a great spirit of team within the company and focus on achieving common goals.

Excellent Progression

If you have the abilities, they will get recognised and you will advance in your role. Excellent time to be joining Shaw Academy now, with a very strong future ahead being fully funded and growing exponentially month on month. Great place to work.

Fast paced, exciting with a real higher purpose

My work was focused and had purpose. The projects are very exciting. I work with incredible people who are full on enthusiasm and passion. The mission is higher education at lower cost in a world that badly needs this. My role offers me total job security as people, particularly in a downturn, really need Shaw Academy's services. I strongly recommend this company providing you have drive and ambition.

Sham Academy

I was one of those who were layed off by this company 2 weeks before Christmas 2017 after being assured 2 weeks beforehand my job was totally secure. Also note that they decided to fire people in glass offices so the rest of the office could see then to be escorted out of the building - very embarrassing. Other than the regular mass firings management was very inconsistent - I won't even begin to speak about the CEO, I wouldn't know where to start, no career progression for women, long hours, a lot expected for the low salary. This company promises a lot, scams their customers and encourages staff to lie on their behalf to both staff and customers. QA involved the whole company (including CEO) listening to calls at random and slating the call. The idea of Shaw Academy is amazing if only it was carried out right. The potential it had at the beginning has long died. Trust me, you don't want to work for this company.

Pros

The friends you make along the way

Cons

Unstable work environment and job security

Productive, full of Growth Opportunities

I worked at Shaw Academy for a year, it was an amazing experience for me career wise. I learned a lot and i developed a lot from being in the company. Upper Management had a lot of time for me, they gave me support and helped me to develop into higher positions within the company in a short space of time. The work life at the beginning was amazing and a lot of good perks, the salary package was very good and rewards where great also. The hardest part about the job was remaining focused and motivated on your own tasks, as with any company there are tough times where things are not going your way or you are not happy with certain decisions being made. Overall it was a great place to work, the people i met here were amazing and people who i am blessed to have met. Management was good with the exception of one or two as with any company. The CEO is a good man, he invests in people who work hard, show their talents and brightness. Ask any question and he will help which is a great thing. My only negative is that communication needs to better across the company, projects need to be given more time to be fully successful and clarity will always keep your employee's happy and willing to go to battle for you.

Pros

Vouchers, Salary Package, Free Education, Good people

Cons

Long Hours sometimes, communication could be better, Respect for employees from upper management could improve.

Career Development

There's a ton of opportunity to get promote. I've already been moved to Sales after just a few months. I've seen some people get offered team leader and other are moving to customer support

Pros

Career development start up vibe

– 2 July 2018
Thank you for the review. I'm glad you are having a great time

Poisonous Work Environment

Working for Shaw Academy was overall a negative experience. When I had first started working there, the company laid off 40 employees for no reason other than mismanagement and a poor business strategy. Over the next 6 months they filled those spaces and then had more mass firings for the exact same reasons. The lower levels of management did a great job of keeping the employees motivated, a daunting task with higher management threatening more lay offs. All the while, the company policy was essentially to provide a sub par product and show a total lack of respect for customers/students. Fortunately I managed to get quite proficient with Salesforce and I hit my sales targets which the company does reward you for with generous bonuses.

Pros

Good Bonus Scheme

Cons

No job security/ poor product

I joined the company just over a year ago in the sales agent role and have been promoted three times since. In that space of time I have received a raise to my pay on 4 separate occasions. My ideas are listened to and I feel a genuine part of the workings of the company. Having worked from the "bottom rung" of sales agent, to now being part of the management team in just over a year, it shows the advancement possibilities in this company. This was not without its costs though. As a start up the nature of the job is that you must wear many caps, take a lot of initiative, and work some long hours. A lot of reviews for the company are people giving out about the hours, work, pay or management. These people want a 9-5 job and a paycheck and no stress. That is fine. This however, is not the place for that. If you are looking for a job, look somewhere else, if you are looking for a career, you can't find better. I feel a lot of professional and personal freedom here and also enjoy the "work hard, play hard" attitude of the firm that pushed people to work their hardest but also takes the time to have "Beer Fridays" or half-days where the whole floor are taking go-karting/bowling. Despite there being plenty of room for improvement having worked for several large multinationals in the past and some other startups I have never been happier at a company than I am here. If you're not afraid of hard work, like a challenge .....and money ......then I couldn't recommend this place more.

Pros

Excellent pay, Flexible hours, VERY fast promotional avenues, Great people, Fun atmosphere, A lot of personal freedom.

Cons

Very young company not much structure, fast paced environment can overwhelm, IT system not up to speed with Company's requirements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upskillist. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Upskillist reviews by location

Learn about Upskillist in popular locations

• Upskillist