Upskillist

Upskillist Management reviews

Ireland20 reviews

Clear

Startup Feel - Outsourced to India

Startup Feel - Outsourced to India. Time Demanding. Low salary. Learned a lot. Google Business Suite, Networking, SCCM. Free access to Learning Platform. Great people, very diverse.

Cons

Time Demanding, No management. Ad-hock Solutions

– 2 July 2018
Thanks for the review and feedback.I'm glad you enjoyed out diverse work environment. And I'm glad that you enjoyed our benefits such as full access to all of our courses.Our salary are consistent at or above the market rate for the role we hire for and our monthly bonus always improves our staff's take home earnings.Good luck in your future career

Micro-Managed Work Place

Monthly town halls that give little incentive to staff other than you’re a number and make me money. Laptops are tracked so they know your every move. If you don’t cover 8hours a day your target may not be rewarded (salary without the target is pittance) it doesn’t matter if all your work gets done. They treat staff with very little respect not afraid of mild threats. Targets are very vague and everyone is so stressed about their own there’s no time to help others. The nice reviews on here are as fake as they come.

Pros

Lucky to get a coffee

Cons

Micro management

Awful

One of the worst places I have ever had the misfortune of working. Chewed up and spat out a lot of foreign employees. Misled investors, staff and "students" at every turn with unscrupulous business practices.

Encourage innovation and productivity and cool environment

They respect technical people and encourage to take management role too. Very good infrastructure and atmosphere to work. You will get funds to learn new technologies and skills and you can show your caliber. Shaw Academy means systems and process, excellent in that area. good work environment, work culture

It's good to working with Shaw Academy

Working with GE power since last one year a fantastic work culture, management very supportive ,high safety norms and standard . Good working culture, Excellent learning Distributed workload, balance life style

Fast paced, can do environment.

Shaw Academy is a fast paced, progressive organisation with a can do attitude. It's an excellent environment if you want to build a career and the management are always open to new ideas. There's a high demand on performance but staff are well rewarded for achieving and over achieving on targets. There's a great spirit of team within the company and focus on achieving common goals.

Sham Academy

I was one of those who were layed off by this company 2 weeks before Christmas 2017 after being assured 2 weeks beforehand my job was totally secure. Also note that they decided to fire people in glass offices so the rest of the office could see then to be escorted out of the building - very embarrassing. Other than the regular mass firings management was very inconsistent - I won't even begin to speak about the CEO, I wouldn't know where to start, no career progression for women, long hours, a lot expected for the low salary. This company promises a lot, scams their customers and encourages staff to lie on their behalf to both staff and customers. QA involved the whole company (including CEO) listening to calls at random and slating the call. The idea of Shaw Academy is amazing if only it was carried out right. The potential it had at the beginning has long died. Trust me, you don't want to work for this company.

Pros

The friends you make along the way

Cons

Unstable work environment and job security

Productive, full of Growth Opportunities

I worked at Shaw Academy for a year, it was an amazing experience for me career wise. I learned a lot and i developed a lot from being in the company. Upper Management had a lot of time for me, they gave me support and helped me to develop into higher positions within the company in a short space of time. The work life at the beginning was amazing and a lot of good perks, the salary package was very good and rewards where great also. The hardest part about the job was remaining focused and motivated on your own tasks, as with any company there are tough times where things are not going your way or you are not happy with certain decisions being made. Overall it was a great place to work, the people i met here were amazing and people who i am blessed to have met. Management was good with the exception of one or two as with any company. The CEO is a good man, he invests in people who work hard, show their talents and brightness. Ask any question and he will help which is a great thing. My only negative is that communication needs to better across the company, projects need to be given more time to be fully successful and clarity will always keep your employee's happy and willing to go to battle for you.

Pros

Vouchers, Salary Package, Free Education, Good people

Cons

Long Hours sometimes, communication could be better, Respect for employees from upper management could improve.

Call centre type environment, non-existent work/life balance, (some) management not to be trusted

The commission that was promised in my time there was not ever paid out. Management use intimidation tactics, mass-firings 2 weeks before Christmas. Absolutely no feeling of security in the job after that, and several people a week would quit. As commission was rarely paid out, and you often worked a lot later than you were being paid for, this means that the wage falls below the statutory minimum €9.50 or so an hour. However, most of the employees there were some of the most incredible people I've ever met, and they really made my time there worth it.

Pros

The people who work there

Cons

9-6 hour work day but usually a lot more, unpaid lunch break and overtime, manipulative HR manager

– 6 August 2018
Thanks for the reviewI'd love to address some of you points and I'd encourage you to contact me, the Chief People Officer) to discuss more.It is a shame to read this review, because we have a huge number of very happy people who are paid their commission regularly. .If we think about it logically, it is not in our best interest to promise commission and not pay it.Instead if our team member achieves what we ask them to, then we pay commission and we hope they achieve this again.It is Win WinHowever, if someone doesn't achieve their targets, I fail to see how they can expect commission. even if they chose to work longer hours.

Poisonous Work Environment

Working for Shaw Academy was overall a negative experience. When I had first started working there, the company laid off 40 employees for no reason other than mismanagement and a poor business strategy. Over the next 6 months they filled those spaces and then had more mass firings for the exact same reasons. The lower levels of management did a great job of keeping the employees motivated, a daunting task with higher management threatening more lay offs. All the while, the company policy was essentially to provide a sub par product and show a total lack of respect for customers/students. Fortunately I managed to get quite proficient with Salesforce and I hit my sales targets which the company does reward you for with generous bonuses.

Pros

Good Bonus Scheme

Cons

No job security/ poor product

I joined the company just over a year ago in the sales agent role and have been promoted three times since. In that space of time I have received a raise to my pay on 4 separate occasions. My ideas are listened to and I feel a genuine part of the workings of the company. Having worked from the "bottom rung" of sales agent, to now being part of the management team in just over a year, it shows the advancement possibilities in this company. This was not without its costs though. As a start up the nature of the job is that you must wear many caps, take a lot of initiative, and work some long hours. A lot of reviews for the company are people giving out about the hours, work, pay or management. These people want a 9-5 job and a paycheck and no stress. That is fine. This however, is not the place for that. If you are looking for a job, look somewhere else, if you are looking for a career, you can't find better. I feel a lot of professional and personal freedom here and also enjoy the "work hard, play hard" attitude of the firm that pushed people to work their hardest but also takes the time to have "Beer Fridays" or half-days where the whole floor are taking go-karting/bowling. Despite there being plenty of room for improvement having worked for several large multinationals in the past and some other startups I have never been happier at a company than I am here. If you're not afraid of hard work, like a challenge .....and money ......then I couldn't recommend this place more.

Pros

Excellent pay, Flexible hours, VERY fast promotional avenues, Great people, Fun atmosphere, A lot of personal freedom.

Cons

Very young company not much structure, fast paced environment can overwhelm, IT system not up to speed with Company's requirements

my job was

As a director at Shaw Academy & Academy of Financial I had the responsibility of 3 markets and about 20 people within an expanding worldwide company of 400 employees. I use to motivate them by sprending a great positivity around me. My typical day was managing divisions, anticipating the markets and making decisions in term of planification . Each manager had to keep me informed of the evolution of their teams. Also if something needed to be fixe I liked to know. I had to generate revenu from every market to make each of them profitable. After almost 3 years, I decided to leave Shaw Academy. The reason is essentially because it became more and more complicated to balance my personal life and my job. The average hours a day was for me 11 hours. Also the philosophie of the organisation does't mach to me anymore. There is a huge gap difference of vision in term of managing and treating our staff. I also lately lost the confidence I had in the CEO of the Company.

Pros

learned so much under pressure

Cons

each employee is pushed to much !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upskillist. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Upskillist reviews by location

Learn about Upskillist in popular locations

• Upskillist