VERO MODA

VERO MODA Job security & advancement reviews

For my short time working here covering for a lady on maternity leave with another girl, I did enjoy working here. Change of Variety and style of clothes was not very consistent.
Pros
Discount on clothes and other shops in Shopping Centre.
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Was the top seller in their store and never got any recognition or pay rise in the 5 years I worked with them.I learned a lot working there and gained excellent customer service skills, but was treated horribly. I did work way above my pay grade, from visual merchandising to filing reports and supervising, yet was overlooked for any supervisor role that became available even though I expressed my interest in the position. No real chance of career advancement. Worked on minimum wage the whole 5 years, barely got by on it, couldn't pay rent with it. Management were all over the place, only had one nice manager there. The rest were awful and showed no empathy. Was once told to wear make up by an area manager working there at the time. Health and safety was also non existent and was expected to climb old, unstable ladders to get clothes from stock room, and the fire exit was always blocked with boxes from deliveries. Would not recommend working for.
Pros
gain experience in customer service
Cons
Lots of work for small pay
Just generally great to work for, very understanding Management, flexibility was great too, work life balance was good, always understanding to anything that you needed todo in your private life and of you needed time off! Great company
I enjoyed working there as i had nice people to communicate with and work with i learned and developed skills for example communications skills and peoples skills
i spend my work day divided between the floor and the back office, everyday day is different between making sales, taking in and merchandising deliveries, managing stock rotation and delegating transfers. the easiest part of my job is sales work, and i find the key technique is subtlety. i love conversing with customers and the best part of my day is knowing i have made a repeat customer who will look for me again and is leaving loving an outfit i have helped create. During my time with the company i have learned and grown up a lot. the company has given me a drive and something to be motivated about in my day to day. it has taught me a lot about responsibility as each member within our team has their own weight to carry. i feel as though i have literally grown up within Vero Moda as i began employment there six months after finishing school. during my time i have learned to prioritize, as a 7:12 bus does not allow for a social life the night before. while i have been a key member of the team for the last three years, i have been denied multiple opportunities to progress which i feel is unfair as more often then not as i am the most suitable candidate and often end up training in my superiors from scratch. for this reason i am looking to leave the company as there are no progression opportunities for me there. while i have been working with my current manger for the duration of my career, i feel personal slights on management's behalf are the reasons i am unable to progress.
Pros
half price stock.
Cons
rotas manipulated unfairly.