VERO MODA

VERO MODA Management reviews

Ireland13 reviews
i spend my work day divided between the floor and the back office, everyday day is different between making sales, taking in and merchandising deliveries, managing stock rotation and delegating transfers. the easiest part of my job is sales work, and i find the key technique is subtlety. i love conversing with customers and the best part of my day is knowing i have made a repeat customer who will look for me again and is leaving loving an outfit i have helped create.

During my time with the company i have learned and grown up a lot. the company has given me a drive and something to be motivated about in my day to day. it has taught me a lot about responsibility as each member within our team has their own weight to carry. i feel as though i have literally grown up within Vero Moda as i began employment there six months after finishing school. during my time i have learned to prioritize, as a 7:12 bus does not allow for a social life the night before.

while i have been a key member of the team for the last three years, i have been denied multiple opportunities to progress which i feel is unfair as more often then not as i am the most suitable candidate and often end up training in my superiors from scratch. for this reason i am looking to leave the company as there are no progression opportunities for me there.
while i have been working with my current manger for the duration of my career, i feel personal slights on management's behalf are the reasons i am unable to progress.
Pros
half price stock.
Cons
rotas manipulated unfairly.
Tallaght store avoid like the plague! Awful regional manager telling workers to wear makeup. She was patronizing and difficult to work with. Horrible experience
Pros
Half price clothes
Cons
Pay was bad
Very toxic and harsh environment, horrible staff treatment and very little respect. I did not enjoy my working time here. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Was the top seller in their store and never got any recognition or pay rise in the 5 years I worked with them.I learned a lot working there and gained excellent customer service skills, but was treated horribly. I did work way above my pay grade, from visual merchandising to filing reports and supervising, yet was overlooked for any supervisor role that became available even though I expressed my interest in the position. No real chance of career advancement. Worked on minimum wage the whole 5 years, barely got by on it, couldn't pay rent with it. Management were all over the place, only had one nice manager there. The rest were awful and showed no empathy. Was once told to wear make up by an area manager working there at the time. Health and safety was also non existent and was expected to climb old, unstable ladders to get clothes from stock room, and the fire exit was always blocked with boxes from deliveries. Would not recommend working for.
Pros
gain experience in customer service
Cons
Lots of work for small pay
Just generally great to work for, very understanding Management, flexibility was great too, work life balance was good, always understanding to anything that you needed todo in your private life and of you needed time off! Great company
A typical day at Bestseller retail consists of checking the e-mail for any immediate changes that needed to be made within the shop that day. Then the housekeeping of the store would take place and tasks for cleaning assigned to each member of staff. The plan of action for the day was drawn up and targets were assigned to elements of the store including customer quotas and basket targets. Deliverys arrived daily and were processed according to company policy. Standard procedures for daily events were carried out according to policy set by the company or instore management.

I learned alot from bestsetter retail incuding how to be business minded and to take advantage of advertising, marketing and mechandising. I also learned the influence that great customer service has on sales.

Bestsetter retail had a frequent turnover of staff throughout it's large number of stores across Ireland however I have never had any trouble with a co-worker and have gained some life-long friends from working for the company.

The hardest part of my job was to organise stocktake within the store this involved a lot of organisation between management and staff and required great comminucation between shift changes to insure a smooth and accurate stocktake.

The most enjoyable part of my job was motivating the staff, I frequently played games that were sales orientated and strongly believe that a fun working atmosphere can encourage staff to preform at their best which in turn encouages me to do the best for the team.
Pros
50% discount off clothes
Cons
working lates nights