Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

"Fantastic Company"
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TX26 April 2018
Environment is very open and friendly
- Pay is competitive
- Benefits are great
- Continuously striving to better operations, technology and opportunities.
Workplace
Victoria's Secret associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA25 April 2018
I loved working here it was my dream job I just wish they kept me because I really loved it there and the people I worked it..it was a very wonderful experience
Great place
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  SoHo, NY25 April 2018
I loved working here it was a great environment and the people were friendly and supportive of everyone. They were also very understanding and had expectations.
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Very fast pace
Was not interested
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ25 April 2018
I would have to wake up 4/5am every morning and sometimes do over nights. I worked in shipment, customer service, inventory, and also worked on the floor. I chose this because I thought that I would like it since I loved the stores, but retail is definitely not my thing and would rather have a job that I am really interested in and also would help me in the future.
Pros
The pay
organized and professional
Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NC25 April 2018
I was treated well and i felt really conformable with the people and the employees. A typical day at Victoria secrets was great, I got the opportunity to learn how to organize the clothing and where they are placed.
Pros
the learning experience
fun working place
Friends and Family (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CA25 April 2018
Everything is very fast paced and there are many other workers who help each other out and work as a team. The overall environment is great and the most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers out.
fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MA25 April 2018
busy fast pace work day learned customer service and register skills management was good the hardest part was merchandising the easiest was dealing with customers
good start off job
Shipment Processor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX25 April 2018
working at victoria secret was definitely a great learning lesson for me. it taught me that people are going through their own thing and when they come and are upset and yelling at you it's not personal. i learned to understand and try by all means to fix it. the management was rude but I didn't let that bother me I went in and did my work. I enjoyed the work I did. the hardest part was waking up at 4 am to get ready for work. the workplace was very fast and the customers we seemed to have been very entitled so instead of taking offense I tried to have empathy and respect them as a human being and not as who they come off to be. I like that I went in there got my job done and left.
Pros
great employee discount and random free gifts
Cons
waking up at 4am
unsafe working environment
MERCHANDISING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis galleria24 April 2018
Hostility between management and customers was always super stressful. The over all company looks after its employees but does not take the necessary precautions to ensure safety.
Benefits
Cons
Expected long shifts, no appreciation, unsafe working environment
retail is a nightmare
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJ24 April 2018
no work life balance
work you like a dog
they only care about the company not employees
treat people poorly
company has no idea what they are doing
maagers not respected
It’s an okay job
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Appleton24 April 2018
I have only worked at VS for a short period of time, and I have come to find the company isn’t what I expected it to be. I get scheduled outside of my availability and am required to take shifts ending at 3am during the week when I have school the next morning... the job isn’t hard and most of the managers are very nice people. Some of the policies within my facility are ridiculous and aren’t in writing on their code of conduct. Such as a point system for attendance, if you miss work for any reason or if you are one minute late from your break you get points taken off and they don’t accept doctors notes.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
You get benefits but they aren’t what employees actually want.
productive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL24 April 2018
love working here it helped me learn the things that i'll need to know when i open my on business. helped me learn about female products that i hadn't even though to use in the past be for working her.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Great if you're looking to progress in Retail.
Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenhithe24 April 2018
I started in 2016 as a part time generalist knowing that I wanted to progress on the Merchandising side of retail. Within the year I received a temporary promoted role and after the 3 months that it lasted I then got permanently promoted to Visual Merchandising supervisor.
You have to be passionate about the brand and able to cope with a lot of stress and balancing tasks.
Understand that even if you are on the Visual/Merch side of things you will be expected to sell and be 100% customer focused. Retail is about making money not just making the store look pretty.
I have no cons for the actual company but if you are just there to earn a wage and expect a good work/life balance you will not be happy.
In any retail job it has to be your life, you will be there day and night, week-days and week-ends and limited to when you can take holiday.
Pros
Gratis, progression.
Cons
No work/life balance.
Fast paced, detail oriented, customer oriented
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TN23 April 2018
very connected to this brand. I love what it stands for, how customer and associate focused they are. The company is always focused on moving forward.
Pros
Gratis, discounts, Education
Cons
Work life balance
Part Time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX23 April 2018
Worked ridiculous hours. My first day was a 14 hour day. It was normally to be there past midnight putting stock away from behind the register. Definitely not the fun summer job I thought it would be.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN23 April 2018
VS was a wonderful place to work while transitioning back into the civilian world. I liked interacting with people and being able to help them with their beauty needs.
Not living our values
SALES SUPPORT GENERALIST (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CT23 April 2018
This company has amazing values, however, they are not followed through in this location. This location has poor management and is inconsiderate of their employees. Certain members of the management staff treat their employees lesser than other employees. Promotions are given to those who do not deserve them and the ones who do deserve the promotions are forgotten about.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Lack of communication, poor management
During off peak season theres no hours
Sales and Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CA22 April 2018
Great company to work for, but the hours suck. They dont schedule you that many hours unless you are selling in the sales floor.
productive and fun atmosphere
Promotional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, IL22 April 2018
traveled to area stores
conducted marketing projects for sales
helped strategized the store layout
management was great and I really enjoyed working with people
Good but Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PA22 April 2018
I loved the people I worked with however it was extremely stressful having this job while attending school full time. I often would not make it to classes or I would be late to classes because of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K