VMware

VMware Employee Reviews

Challenger job in a good environment
Enterprise Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cork16 December 2019
The company is a great place to work, learn high-demanded technologies and improve skills and abilities.
The culture is diverse and the environment is nice.
I experienced a lack of management, but the people on my team were fabulous.
The interaction with other teams was great as well.
Fun work place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Cork16 September 2019
I got the privilege of being picked to do work experience during the summer. Was really fun and got to engage with everyone and see how different parts of the company worked. We were allowed to sit with somebody and got to see how they work and what was involved
Pros
Different varieties of food
Promotions are based on who you know
Sales (Current Employee) –  Cork30 April 2019
People are promoted based less on what they know and more on who they know.

Many, hardworking people that bring a lot to the company are looked over.

Organisation is too top heavy; with management seeming like they’re opening the door to a dark room...daily.

Also, for an innovative company, management is surprisingly conservative and closed-minded.

I have an amazing manager, that runs circles round everyone else, but I got lucky.
Pros
Fun banter with colleagues
Cons
Nepotism prevails; slow to get things going; a lot of false starts.
Great Company but US centric
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cork24 April 2019
VMware consistently start people on 6 month rolling contracts, but don't pay a premium for this. Getting converted to a permanent contract is very hard, and has no clear process to get to this level.

Overall, it is a great place to work, and the products and culture are great. Your experience will really depend on your manager.

I would recommend VMware as an employer as they have a very good reputation in the tech industry.
Pros
great reputation
Cons
Offices are dated
Good culture.
Inside Sales Associate - EMEA (Current Employee) –  Cork11 December 2018
It is a good company. There is a space for professional development. Although, in my case, they made all us redundant and decided to move the Inside Sales part to Barcelona.
Pros
The work culture is good and the their software is superior.
Cons
Your hard work is of secondary importance, the most important is the country of your origin and languages you can speak.
Fun Place
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Ballincollig, County Cork20 November 2018
It could be a great company. free drinks, pizza.
Incentives, good life/work balance.
But unfortunately the company is moving to barcelona.
That means there is not longer a business in cork.
Strategic Sales Account Manger (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 July 2018
Mature and well structured organisation
Constant sales skills development - great sales training
Good management - ready to make a quick decision when needed.
Fast implementation of changes and business processes improvement.
Good company to work for
Inside Sales Manager - Italian and Spanish team (Former Employee) –  Cork1 May 2018
Good company to work for . Great history, products, culture with an international enviroment .At the moment there is certainly a transition, due to the role that Dell is playing
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Support Specialist, German (Current Employee) –  Cork8 January 2018
Productive and Fun Workplace. Great office atmosphere. It feels like the company really does care about employees' happiness and wellbeing. A lot of services are provided as a package.
Pros
onsite free canteen
Excellent
Revenue Intern (Former Employee) –  Barrack, County Cork13 October 2017
Brilliant place to work, great people, very easy going, good salary with great benefits, very accessible location, plenty opportunities to advance career.
Pros
free food in canteen
Cons
quarter ends
Business Application Support (Former Employee) –  Cork6 September 2017
Great place to work, fantastic work culture. challenging but enjoyable work. Good team culture, organised days/nights out. Free food (not hot food) nice buildings, gym included.
Pros
Free Food
Prospective and innovative
PSC Global GSS (Former Employee) –  Cork30 May 2017
Great place for work. A lot of opportunities to realize career plan.
Good facility and working conditions. Friendly athmosphere and a lot of social activity
Pros
Amazing multi-languages people, divercity cultures enviroment, fantastic opportunity to receive new skills.
Cons
Poor management, lack of support standards, misleading VMware HR strategy
Ambiente de trabajo intercultural, con enfoque hacia la motivación y la eficacia, enfocado a dar un servicio orientado a la excelencia.
Ingeniero Técnico de Soporte (Former Employee) –  Cork20 February 2017
Trabajar en el Centro de Soporte de VMware en Cork(Irlanda), fue una experiencia increíble para mi.

Con un equipo formado por numerosas nacionalidades, un ambiente de trabajo excelente, y en contacto con clientes de grandes empresas de Europa, Oriente Medio y África, el día a día era increíblemente enriquecedor a la vez que desafiante en cuanto a retos que superar, pero que con la coordinación y el trabajo en equipo nos permitía dar los más altos valores de calidad y eficiencia requeridos por el servicio, a la vez que experimentábamos un gran crecimiento personal y profesional.
Pros
Seguro medico privado, parking, beneficios sociales, comedor gratuito, etc.
Cons
Trabajo con grandes desafíos día tras día, en el que la superación no es una opción sino un camino.
Worked in it dept
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Cork19 February 2017
Not very nice place not nice people worked long hours no overtime no credit no thanks useless company only good thing they will close and go back to usa
Pros
Parking
Cons
VMWare - great company to work for
Senior Resource Coordinator, EMEA (Current Employee) –  Cork3 January 2017
This company cannot be rated higher, the employee is looked after and treated well. The reason I moved to them was to excel and climb the corporate ladder, and VMWare strive to make sure you have the best opportunities to progress
Pros
excellent work life balance, happy employees, many perks
Cons
Lack of tooling, can be very stressul
Intersting place
End User Computing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ballincollig, County Cork18 January 2016
This organisation is very interesting mostly because constantly innovating regarding the technologies I'm promoting and this is always bringing very high level discussion with stakeholders and CxOs I'm interacting with on a daily basis.
Growth and Disruption
End User Computing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ballincollig, County Cork4 November 2015
VMware is a fun fast growing organisation full of passionate individuals.

Disruption via great user experience is the DNA of what this organisation provides the world with its proven leading platform and proven leading solutions
Pros
Work place
Cons
Too much turnover
Good employer but not for all...
Senior Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cork20 April 2015
In general I can`t say anything bad about VMware. Work climate is good (at least in the backline) and there are a couple of very good engineers employed.

That`s it for the first. Promotions are given to people who often don`t deserve them, to earn proper money you will need to be a new hire. Existing employees are often forgotten in regards to proper payment ("you could have negotiated better in the beginning" is an often heard answer).

Promisses are often made but not often kept.
Productive and a good learning place
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Dublin ireland29 March 2015
At VMWare I have to contact EU, DISTI and Reseller, prepare quotes, and daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly Forecast.
Excellent company to learn considering the act that I have been working in Procurement for many years, now I can offer more acknowledgement and experience.
Pros
Trainings and health insurance
Cons
I am not working in my area
Great Product
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cork15 April 2013
The product is fantastic, the engineers are brilliant but management is lacking. I loved the job and did very well.
What I learned is even by being the top performer in the company your job is still not secure
Benefits are great but they kept trying to control my earnings by changing targets with out ever discussing them, so they tried to cut costs at my expense and for someone that's in sales.. im out to make money not give it away. In my opinion this company is channel orientated and not sales orientated and once the competition has finished coping them they will loose a huge amount of market share as the competitors are sales driven
Pros
great team
Cons
managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VMware. Our community is ready to answer.

VMware Reviews by Location