Vodafone
Coronavirus update
Information from Vodafone:

Vodafone Employee Reviews

Ireland69 reviews
Ive been working for Vodafone for 7 years now and in that time ive felt the avenues for progression are very slim and recently a lot of people have been let go which has made it even harder to advance.
Highly stressful, unachievable sales targets,higher Management and owners do not care about their staff. Wages is rubbish, commission structure is a joke . Training is non existent. Fear tactics toward elderly customers to encourage them to sign into a bill pay contract
Pros
Never finish later than 6pm
Cons
Underpaid, Stressful environment. No support from management. Dealing with clueless, ignorant customers, the wages paid for the job you have to do is laughable
If you want to progress don’t work in Vodafone , no room for progression unless you’re in a click and prepared to lick up to management and be false with the rest of managers
Wasted my time working there , a lot of talk of perks and progression at start but all empty talk

Great place to work if you want to work for peanuts with no thanks from management
They provided us with decent training but the salary just wasn't good enough for the not so productive weeks ( approx €1200pm) When sales were got and targets were hit it was fantastic between half days, incentives and commission ( approx €2000pm ) . Plus use of the company car out of business hours.

I personally got on very well with management very well the only fownfal is the basic my opinion plus the late hours .
This company never stood still from the day I started till the day I finished and they are still at the top of their game. If you wanted to progress in your career there were always opportunities for the taking.
Pros
There were many
Cons
Would have liked more flexi-time
Great Work Life Balance and always have events and incentives. Given the model, can be hard to get things done with stakeholders etc. Also due to model, salaries are lower
Worst company to work for steer clear or you will have health problems, they go through managers monthly and they havent a clue how to manage anyone, constant lies from the top down
Worked very hard for this company for 12 years. And when i wanted a transfer to a different store location they shut the door in my face no loyalty to me i was absolutely discussed. Loved my store and my team but H.R and higher managers treat you bad and have no appreciation for the length of time you have served to them.
Pros
Good wages. Meet new people every day. Life long friends
Cons
Very high pressured job very stressful no appreciation
Great working culture and environment. The company has some great individuals who contribute greatly to delivering on targets and team goals. I think it is a brilliant place to work as it is but it has the potential to be so much greater if key members are given recognition and reward for their efforts.In terms of progression it offers a good working platform to build and develop sales skills however opportunities for promotion can be limited.Staff turnover can be high as well as restructuring being a regular occurrence, I think more internal promotion would solve a lot of this as oppose to hiring senior managers from outside of the organisation as most have limited knowledge on day to day requirements and internal procedures. The long serving internal figures within are testament to the foundations of the hub and how well it has done, they offer a great deal of knowledge and ability to assist anyone looking to grow their skill set and grow into new roles and responsibilities.
Pros
Work life and Culture are both excellent.Has some very good sales individuals.
Cons
Opportunities to progress can be limited and re-organisation is a regular occurance.
Training there was in-depth and detailed and was over a month long. It may have been three months. I felt prepared. There was no clear path for advancement in the time I was there however I do know people who stayed on and were promoted.
Pros
Games room and good social aspect.
Cons
Poor compensation.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vodafone?
Great place to start your career and gain maximum knowledge. Good people and great work environment to work. Challenging work which makes you skilled in your work.
I was working door to door , no company car , and no base pay just commission and as interesting as it was once December came it Just wasn't worth it
A very serious preoccupation for details in satisfying customers and facing as well as possible their requirements.
A very well coordinated team and collaborative work groups.

My job means attention to details which mean verifying if a large set of rules are respected by the functionality involved in the billing process when migrated from old system to Amdocs system, my specific activity consisting in checks on the bills confronting the rules and the populated data in the new database system.

The management doesn't leave anybody aside and rythmically everyone has his or her saying in meetings which leads to a good update of everybody with relevant issues that affect all branches of the activity within the team.

The most enjoyable thing is finding defects even when certain pieces of software seem consolidated for long time. Also, the friendly environment creates an atmosphere of no stress and every step forward in improving the software responsible for the billing using the new system is perceived as a joy for everyone.
Pros
open space
The majority of days would have ups and downs, alot of customer care issues and system errors, these were some of the main reasons I left. We were in the middle of a massive system changeover and customers bill payments wouldn't go through, signal loss no internet etc. We would have queues out the door with complaints. These issues, coupled with having to try and meet targets became almost too overwhelming, I had been in telecoms for 7 years at this point and it only felt like it was only getting worse.

The culture was always great, Management were always good to their staff, I was lucky enough to have worked with some great people in the company,
Pros
Commission
Cons
Retail Hours, High Targets
Achieve individual sales targets set by the business on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Ensure all administration associated with the role is completed correctly and within agreed timeframes. Ensure consistently deliver a first class experience to all customers. Keeping updated on new products and services to be able to advise customers accordingly. Take ownership of customer's queries or needs, dealing with them in a positive manner to ensure that all aspects are resolved and/or seen through to completion
I would meet customers face to face on a daily basis. I learn something new every day in this role as each customer is different. I have good support from my management team behind me and also from our other solution departments to put a bid or solution together.
Pros
i am able to work on my own initiative every day
Cons
some days can be long with administration work.
Get no recognition for the work you do your just a number in Vodafone and never made permanent always on probation period and constantly chancing your commission
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Always on probation period only get permanent after 2 and half years
very good company, I have enjoyed working for them
they have a great development program for the right people. Good benefits and nice people who work in the projects.
Nice enough place to work but its still customer service so there will be bad calls good training and support staff. Friendly employees decent bonuses for hitting targets.
Vodafone was an enjoyable experience. It was here where I learned how to deal with customers over the phone. Friendly staff. I enjoyed my time in Vodafone.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Weekedn work and evening work
A typical day in Vodafone was extremely busy, selling, customer support, aiming to achieve targets, dealing with difficult customers.

Learned selling techniques, learned everything about mobile phone, broadband and the accessories industry.

Management was excellent, weekly meetings, solid advice and lots of encouragement.

Hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy customers due to problems out of our hands.

Team, pay, the incentives and the atmosphere.