Vodafone Employee Reviews

Found 66 reviews matching the search See all 4,771 reviews
A progressive company who are still at the top of their game!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 August 2019
This company never stood still from the day I started till the day I finished and they are still at the top of their game. If you wanted to progress in your career there were always opportunities for the taking.
Pros
There were many
Cons
Would have liked more flexi-time
Great Work Life Balance
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2019
Great Work Life Balance and always have events and incentives. Given the model, can be hard to get things done with stakeholders etc. Also due to model, salaries are lower
Dishonest managers
Residential Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sligo Town, County Sligo22 August 2019
Worst company to work for steer clear or you will have health problems, they go through managers monthly and they havent a clue how to manage anyone, constant lies from the top down
Dealing with customers technical quires billing issues. Daily target's
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  IE23 July 2019
Worked very hard for this company for 12 years. And when i wanted a transfer to a different store location they shut the door in my face no loyalty to me i was absolutely discussed. Loved my store and my team but H.R and higher managers treat you bad and have no appreciation for the length of time you have served to them.
Pros
Good wages. Meet new people every day. Life long friends
Cons
Very high pressured job very stressful no appreciation
Great place to work and develop, very good environment
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 July 2019
Great working culture and environment. The company has some great individuals who contribute greatly to delivering on targets and team goals. I think it is a brilliant place to work as it is but it has the potential to be so much greater if key members are given recognition and reward for their efforts.In terms of progression it offers a good working platform to build and develop sales skills however opportunities for promotion can be limited.Staff turnover can be high as well as restructuring being a regular occurrence, I think more internal promotion would solve a lot of this as oppose to hiring senior managers from outside of the organisation as most have limited knowledge on day to day requirements and internal procedures. The long serving internal figures within are testament to the foundations of the hub and how well it has done, they offer a great deal of knowledge and ability to assist anyone looking to grow their skill set and grow into new roles and responsibilities.
Pros
Work life and Culture are both excellent.Has some very good sales individuals.
Cons
Opportunities to progress can be limited and re-organisation is a regular occurance.
Great training.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 April 2019
Training there was in-depth and detailed and was over a month long. It may have been three months. I felt prepared. There was no clear path for advancement in the time I was there however I do know people who stayed on and were promoted.
Pros
Games room and good social aspect.
Cons
Poor compensation.
Good Place to gain experience
Big Data Intern (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 April 2019
Great place to start your career and gain maximum knowledge. Good people and great work environment to work. Challenging work which makes you skilled in your work.
Honestly, the worst place I've worked.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Leopardstown, County Dublin24 March 2019
Micro management, no regard for quality of workplace environment, management only care about reporting up, very low morale, lots of catty and unprofessional behaviour that never gets nipped in the bud. IF you're a contractor, you will not have even the slightest amount of job security. Very high turnover of employees and contractors, so most teams are overstretched and functioning poorly. The list goes on.
Pros
They pay money
Cons
All of the above.
Interesting and challenging
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  co.meath23 February 2019
I was working door to door , no company car , and no base pay just commission and as interesting as it was once December came it Just wasn't worth it
Great experience
Billing&payments tester (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 January 2019
A very serious preoccupation for details in satisfying customers and facing as well as possible their requirements.
A very well coordinated team and collaborative work groups.
My job means attention to details which mean verifying if a large set of rules are respected by the functionality involved in the billing process when migrated from old system to Amdocs system, my specific activity consisting in checks on the bills confronting the rules and the populated data in the new database system.
The management doesn't leave anybody aside and rythmically everyone has his or her saying in meetings which leads to a good update of everybody with relevant issues that affect all branches of the activity within the team.
The most enjoyable thing is finding defects even when certain pieces of software seem consolidated for long time. Also, the friendly environment creates an atmosphere of no stress and every step forward in improving the software responsible for the billing using the new system is perceived as a joy for everyone.
Pros
open space
Decent Company, Great People
Customer Consultant and Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin3 January 2019
The majority of days would have ups and downs, alot of customer care issues and system errors, these were some of the main reasons I left. We were in the middle of a massive system changeover and customers bill payments wouldn't go through, signal loss no internet etc. We would have queues out the door with complaints. These issues, coupled with having to try and meet targets became almost too overwhelming, I had been in telecoms for 7 years at this point and it only felt like it was only getting worse.

The culture was always great, Management were always good to their staff, I was lucky enough to have worked with some great people in the company,
Pros
Commission
Cons
Retail Hours, High Targets
Amazing workplace
RETAIL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Navan, County Meath11 November 2018
Achieve individual sales targets set by the business on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Ensure all administration associated with the role is completed correctly and within agreed timeframes. Ensure consistently deliver a first class experience to all customers. Keeping updated on new products and services to be able to advise customers accordingly. Take ownership of customer's queries or needs, dealing with them in a positive manner to ensure that all aspects are resolved and/or seen through to completion
Good environment to work in
Senior Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 October 2018
I would meet customers face to face on a daily basis. I learn something new every day in this role as each customer is different. I have good support from my management team behind me and also from our other solution departments to put a bid or solution together.
Pros
i am able to work on my own initiative every day
Cons
some days can be long with administration work.
Ok
Customer service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 September 2018
Get no recognition for the work you do your just a number in Vodafone and never made permanent always on probation period and constantly chancing your commission
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Always on probation period only get permanent after 2 and half years
Productive and fun place
Sales & Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 September 2018
very good company, I have enjoyed working for them
they have a great development program for the right people. Good benefits and nice people who work in the projects.
Tech support Job for landline and broadband. Nice staff and the building was recently upgraded
Fixed Line Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Limerick, Ireland20 August 2018
Nice enough place to work but its still customer service so there will be bad calls good training and support staff. Friendly employees decent bonuses for hitting targets.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth2 July 2018
Vodafone was an enjoyable experience. It was here where I learned how to deal with customers over the phone. Friendly staff. I enjoyed my time in Vodafone.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Weekedn work and evening work
One of the best places I have worked
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Vodafone Liffey Valley12 June 2018
A typical day in Vodafone was extremely busy, selling, customer support, aiming to achieve targets, dealing with difficult customers.

Learned selling techniques, learned everything about mobile phone, broadband and the accessories industry.

Management was excellent, weekly meetings, solid advice and lots of encouragement.

Hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy customers due to problems out of our hands.

Team, pay, the incentives and the atmosphere.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 May 2018
Great culture and opportunity to advance. interesting work in a fast paced environment, Great people - collaboration is fostered and experience is great
good friendly workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Limerick26 March 2018
very good competative workplace.
plenty of support in the field and a very good training programe
the biggest problem was with cold calling you never know what you will achieve in a day. support always on hand if needed
Pros
plenty of area to work in
Cons
very difficult to work in bad weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodafone. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K