Vodafone Employee Reviews

Found 49 reviews matching the search See all 3,602 reviews
Decent Company, Great People
Customer Consultant and Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin3 January 2019
The majority of days would have ups and downs, alot of customer care issues and system errors, these were some of the main reasons I left. We were in the middle of a massive system changeover and customers bill payments wouldn't go through, signal loss no internet etc. We would have queues out the door with complaints. These issues, coupled with having to try and meet targets became almost too overwhelming, I had been in telecoms for 7 years at this point and it only felt like it was only getting worse.

The culture was always great, Management were always good to their staff, I was lucky enough to have worked with some great people in the company,
Pros
Commission
Cons
Retail Hours, High Targets
Fun place to work
Business Project Manager - ICT&IOT Vendor Manager (Former Employee) –  Ilfov7 November 2018
Remote work also accepted, Vodafone is heading to a true employer witch make work life balance better for his employees. Combining a rigid telecom business model with market needs, they succeeded to attract highly skilled specialists.
Productive and fun place
Sales & Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 September 2018
very good company, I have enjoyed working for them
they have a great development program for the right people. Good benefits and nice people who work in the projects.
Amazing workplace
RETAIL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Navan, County Meath11 November 2018
Achieve individual sales targets set by the business on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Ensure all administration associated with the role is completed correctly and within agreed timeframes. Ensure consistently deliver a first class experience to all customers. Keeping updated on new products and services to be able to advise customers accordingly. Take ownership of customer's queries or needs, dealing with them in a positive manner to ensure that all aspects are resolved and/or seen through to completion
One of the best places I have worked
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Vodafone Liffey Valley12 June 2018
A typical day in Vodafone was extremely busy, selling, customer support, aiming to achieve targets, dealing with difficult customers.

Learned selling techniques, learned everything about mobile phone, broadband and the accessories industry.

Management was excellent, weekly meetings, solid advice and lots of encouragement.

Hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy customers due to problems out of our hands.

Team, pay, the incentives and the atmosphere.
Awful place to work
Project / Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountainview22 January 2018
Horrible place to work. If you are not 'in' with certain people you will not progress. The perception Vodafone gives as a great company to work for is nothing more than a brand. Behind the doors is a majority of overworked , underpaid people who are not appreciated. The bell curve PD system means a certain amount of people have to get poor scores and it's normally a (un)lucky dip through no fault of the employee where decisions are made and signed off by management before any employee meetings take place. Sick/Maternity leave = 'career' Suicide 9/10 people come back to made up non existent jobs.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
No back bone in management, little/no chance of promotion., low salaries, untrustworthy
wouldn't recommend it.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal23 August 2017
worked here for a few short months in a franchise store. Management treated staff shockingly in this store. half and hour break for 9hr days.
Targets unrealistic,
commission was never paid,
i was expected to work 10 days in a row sometimes.
every other week i still see them advertising for staff.
i have worked for other telecommunication companies but this one in my opinion was the worst and i think its partly because it wasn't a direct company store and management was awful
wasn't really any good benefits either like there is with other companies a discounted price plan which in my opinion was even discounted a whole lot.
minimun wedge to.

met some off the nicest customers while i worked there tho.
Pros
helping the customers.
Cons
long days, poor management, no benefits.
Tech support Job for landline and broadband. Nice staff and the building was recently upgraded
Fixed Line Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Limerick, Ireland20 August 2018
Nice enough place to work but its still customer service so there will be bad calls good training and support staff. Friendly employees decent bonuses for hitting targets.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth2 July 2018
Vodafone was an enjoyable experience. It was here where I learned how to deal with customers over the phone. Friendly staff. I enjoyed my time in Vodafone.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Weekedn work and evening work
Awful to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 April 2017
Working for Vodafone was awful, job culture and ethics were non existent with management being next to useless. Unrealistic expectations of staff, targets ridiculously high. No work life balance with there so called "competitive pay" being very little for the job you do. I would not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Flexible and energetic
Fixed and Enterprise CVM Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 April 2016
Good flexible working hours that suited my needs.
Putting the customer at the heart of everything you do is important from the moment they buy from you, one should nurture them.
I have had several managers that have really help progress my career. I have developed my people into people managers and worked hard with under-achievers.
I enjoyed working with my team, yes, there were challenges but managed to overcome them.
Hardest part - getting commitment - that becomes easier the more you deal with your customers both internal and external.
Most enjoyable - seeing something complete from start to finish. having total responsibility for it all.
Pros
really good work life balance
Cons
less engaging
Not recommended
Senior sales adviser (Former Employee) –  Qatar17 September 2017
I've been working in vodafone qatar for 5 years finally given my resignation, salary is a joke, commision very low for a really high target if u work in a restaurant as a waiter u will save more money than working in vodafone as a sales advisor or even a senior. blood sucking company, management is a totall b
Pros
U earn the experience
Cons
Will suck u up
Great Pay not much opportunity for advancement
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Limerick9 April 2017
Relatively easy work on a day to day basis, targets can be a little high some months but still achievable, Management is good and commission structure is good and the workplace culture is great.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
no opportunity for full time or advancement
my Vodafone experience
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  IE5 May 2016
The management and job culture within Vodafone is excellent. with amazing benefits and the flexibility to work from home if needed the support from both management and my peers is something i have never come across in any previous employment
Pros
massive employee engagement
good friendly workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Limerick26 March 2018
very good competative workplace.
plenty of support in the field and a very good training programe
the biggest problem was with cold calling you never know what you will achieve in a day. support always on hand if needed
Pros
plenty of area to work in
Cons
very difficult to work in bad weather
Progressive and competitive, but also very collaborative - great place to work, especially if you're ambitious
Vodafone Ireland Foundation (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland19 April 2012
Management is very supportive of employee's career interests; many development tools are on offer for those who are interested in taking advantage of them. Being proactive is encouraged and rewarded.
Nice place to work
Enterprise Network support engineer (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 September 2017
Great place to work, I have worked here for 15 months and I can't complain about the company. Fantastic place to learn from more experienced engineers and up skill in the right direction for career progression.
Very nice on site gym is great!
Traveling to work in the morning can be a nightmare though especially if you depend on the M50 motorway!
Pros
Great people, good beneifts
Cons
Traveling on M50
Challanging job
Order processing executive (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 May 2012
No two days were ever the same. You either would start reading customer letters and calling them back regarding their queries or you were reading the internal customers emails (ie. customer services).

New ways of communicating with others, managing my work load and learning more about myself, I realised that I could challenge myself further.

Management were very approachable.

Co-workers were always available for help and very friendly.

The hardest part of my job was at the beginning when I was unsure of how to do my job properly, however, one day at a time and thanks to the training I got better and experienced.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the order processing and learning how to fix issues that customers had.
Pros
the dress code was casual
Cons
it was a contract job and not permanent
Busy environment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 March 2017
Dynamic and fast pace. Exciting opportunities to be involved in the telco space. Good work life balance with benefits such as gym, subsidised canteen and many more
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 February 2018
The great thing about Vodafone is that it is based on how much work you are willing to put into your day. There is always an opportunity to make more and progress further and in such a positive environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodafone. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K