Vodafone
Coronavirus update
Information from Vodafone:

Vodafone Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin27 reviews
Great Work Life Balance and always have events and incentives. Given the model, can be hard to get things done with stakeholders etc. Also due to model, salaries are lower
This company never stood still from the day I started till the day I finished and they are still at the top of their game. If you wanted to progress in your career there were always opportunities for the taking.
Pros
There were many
Cons
Would have liked more flexi-time
Great working culture and environment. The company has some great individuals who contribute greatly to delivering on targets and team goals. I think it is a brilliant place to work as it is but it has the potential to be so much greater if key members are given recognition and reward for their efforts.In terms of progression it offers a good working platform to build and develop sales skills however opportunities for promotion can be limited.Staff turnover can be high as well as restructuring being a regular occurrence, I think more internal promotion would solve a lot of this as oppose to hiring senior managers from outside of the organisation as most have limited knowledge on day to day requirements and internal procedures. The long serving internal figures within are testament to the foundations of the hub and how well it has done, they offer a great deal of knowledge and ability to assist anyone looking to grow their skill set and grow into new roles and responsibilities.
Pros
Work life and Culture are both excellent.Has some very good sales individuals.
Cons
Opportunities to progress can be limited and re-organisation is a regular occurance.
Training there was in-depth and detailed and was over a month long. It may have been three months. I felt prepared. There was no clear path for advancement in the time I was there however I do know people who stayed on and were promoted.
Pros
Games room and good social aspect.
Cons
Poor compensation.
Great place to start your career and gain maximum knowledge. Good people and great work environment to work. Challenging work which makes you skilled in your work.
A very serious preoccupation for details in satisfying customers and facing as well as possible their requirements.
A very well coordinated team and collaborative work groups.

My job means attention to details which mean verifying if a large set of rules are respected by the functionality involved in the billing process when migrated from old system to Amdocs system, my specific activity consisting in checks on the bills confronting the rules and the populated data in the new database system.

The management doesn't leave anybody aside and rythmically everyone has his or her saying in meetings which leads to a good update of everybody with relevant issues that affect all branches of the activity within the team.

The most enjoyable thing is finding defects even when certain pieces of software seem consolidated for long time. Also, the friendly environment creates an atmosphere of no stress and every step forward in improving the software responsible for the billing using the new system is perceived as a joy for everyone.
Pros
open space
I would meet customers face to face on a daily basis. I learn something new every day in this role as each customer is different. I have good support from my management team behind me and also from our other solution departments to put a bid or solution together.
Pros
i am able to work on my own initiative every day
Cons
some days can be long with administration work.
Get no recognition for the work you do your just a number in Vodafone and never made permanent always on probation period and constantly chancing your commission
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Always on probation period only get permanent after 2 and half years
very good company, I have enjoyed working for them
they have a great development program for the right people. Good benefits and nice people who work in the projects.
Great culture and opportunity to advance. interesting work in a fast paced environment, Great people - collaboration is fostered and experience is great
The great thing about Vodafone is that it is based on how much work you are willing to put into your day. There is always an opportunity to make more and progress further and in such a positive environment.
Great place to work, I have worked here for 15 months and I can't complain about the company. Fantastic place to learn from more experienced engineers and up skill in the right direction for career progression.
Very nice on site gym is great!

Traveling to work in the morning can be a nightmare though especially if you depend on the M50 motorway!
Pros
Great people, good beneifts
Cons
Traveling on M50
As in title. Fantastic people, office and culture. Opportunities to advance and move roles. However pay is relatively low and there are no incremental increases each year.
Pros
Work from home. Flexible hours. Paid maternity. LGBT/diversity focussed.
Cons
Low pay relative to other tech companies.
The stores themselves can be lovely places to work, however the management is chosen based on a buddy buddy regard rather than actual experience or suitability and this causes issues in stores. There is very little room for progression through the company and staff are not given much notice or choice to move to stores in the same area. At a store level, they can be great but the company on a whole do not value their retail staff.
Pros
Nice people to work with in most stores
Cons
Employees are not valued
While I spent 12 years at Vodafone I enjoyed my stay here a very good company to work for however I felt my gain of career path had ended and am looking for something new now .
Pros
Tools to work
Cons
alot of meetings
Great place to work, good people, on site gym and canteen. Loads of opportunities. Couldn't rate it highly enough. Great place to work and great location.
Working for Vodafone was awful, job culture and ethics were non existent with management being next to useless. Unrealistic expectations of staff, targets ridiculously high. No work life balance with there so called "competitive pay" being very little for the job you do. I would not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Dynamic and fast pace. Exciting opportunities to be involved in the telco space. Good work life balance with benefits such as gym, subsidised canteen and many more
I loved my time with Vodafone.
The reason i left was to advance my career in Sales.

I would consider going back to VF if the right position became available.
Vodafone is ok. colleague are quite friendly, the work environment is ok and well there is opportunity for career advancement. flexible working hour which is ok
Everyone in the building is extremely nice and caring, I was happy to be part of the team even if it wasn't for very long. I met a lot of interesting people during my time there and I'd be more than happy to work for them again if the appertunity arose.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Too much post