Voxpro

Voxpro Management reviews

Ireland119 reviews
Circus
The only good thing here is that you get to work with people from all around the world. Other than that can't even think of anything positive. The management only cares about the stats, rather than helping the customers or addressing your needs. HR covers management's back no matter what. As a result a huge staff turnover.
Pros
People you get to work with
Cons
Low salary. Unachievable bonuses. Poor management.
Dismal
Be warned - voxpro only care about their clients needs. Thousands spent on interior design of the building rather than the staff. Avoid at all cost.
Pros
Ha
Cons
Salary, Management, scheduling, benefits
Call centre for Airbnb contract
Typical day at work

Taking calls and queries constantly, some escalations to security and technical teams

What you learned

How to listen “through” a clients expression of need to respond in a concise and helpful way

Insurance cover on French properties

Lots of young managers who are developing in their roles and dependent on their teams

Workplace culture

Dress culture allowed for lots of creativity and self expression

warm melting pot of human potential, from students in business management to jujitsu champions and writers, courteousness

Hardest part of the job

Keeping clients focused on their essential requirements so that they didn’t ask questions in one call covering the whole array of services on offer

Most enjoyable part of the job

Interacting with landlords who were placing their properties on the market for the first time – from country manors , domains and chateaux to chalets in the snow to cabins in the tropics.

Learning from these people that the new Airbnb worldwide concept was one they were willing or even happy to work with was like experiencing instances of grace.

Because in one product both the consumer and provider were interacting directly, willing to meet and share a moment in time as part of the exchange of goods for cash, a real sense of flow, direct acknowledgement of tenure and stewardship.
Pros
Friendly contact with clients
Cons
Pressure to minimise length of calls
Very bad company to work for
The management and logos are attracting, the emphasis on fast promotions and great atmosphere is appealing.
BUT: The employee reality is that the management team has no real skills and doesn't value individuals.

The promotion process is far from being transparent...

In case of initiative taking your work will be stolen, depreciated but actually used by higher management without recognition. No higher pay for overtime or weekends.

Management does not accept feedback nor listens to the employees, because 'they are worth better'.

Now because they are desperate to keep staff you might have a chance to be hired without experience. Run away after 6 months though.
Pros
Little micro management
Cons
No more free snacks. Bad management, no recognition, no financial reward
Openness to change and working for growth
What a typical day looks like after I go home with a good feeling: I gave coaching to my agents and made them see the importance of the procedures they are expected to follow, I might have received feedback or coaching myself and took it on board because I like to continuously improve myself as well, the lunch was loads of fun and after that we went to an important meeting with the client to report performance and trends we've spotted amongst the agents and in the cases. At the end of the day I had to deliver bad news to one of my agents, which is the hardest part of the job for me. I always try to improve people and motivate them by focussing on the positive. However, I understand that sometimes it's as important to deliver bad news and I've done this in an appropriate way I've fully mastered this skill. And in this instance again I've showed my skills because the agent took the feedback on board and together we came up with a plan to improve his case handling.
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
Communication and dedication of (upper) management
Wouldn't recommend
Promises progression and development, but uses this as a way to get free work from people as in reality there is no room for progression here. The worst communication and management I have ever worked for. Overall the company is growing too fast for them to be able to keep up so instead of resolving current issues they just keep hiring people instead of working to keep current staff.
Pros
Relaxed environment, they hire good people to work with, just not good management
Cons
No sick pay, payslips always incorrect, communication is abysmal, and morale is low
Fun for a student who wants to start professionaly
In order to make your reading pleasant i'll try to make it as short as I can .
When you start, you'll see a busy but pleasant environment with people smiling and having fun .

After a few days/weeks you will understand what working in Cobra sales truly means .

You will be asked to deal with regular telesales job duty seeing managers wandering around with no purposes as they are not sales and won't be able to give you any advices or tips . They re just there in order to catch you if you're 2min late .

Regarding the job itself, it is not very complicated as the processes are not completely clear and are most of time broken .

But well, if you were counting on the system or on the managers to check for your actual sales, well better going have a drink as they won't help you at all .

Basically you will be asked to do your best and be the best with the kids tools you have . And don't be surprised, nobody will reward you for that , not even a tap on the back with a good job .

Because yes, you won't be promoted thanks to your work, only by your connections (5 promotions in a year, 4networking and complete pointless promotion as there is a huge lack of skills and regards towards their fellow comrades) .

I will summarize : If you re looking for an easy going job, your first job after school, well give it a go . Just be aware that when you leave and get in somewhere else, you'll see the difference...

If you're a professional, just run out of it, as the company is far from being professional .
Pros
Relax and easy
Cons
Management, system, promotion ranking etc.....
Short term starting job, why not?
Poor management, not great attention to people needs, despite a lot of managers and team leaders are always around. shifts not always communicated in advance, creating disappointment in workers, high turnover volume.
Pros
relationships with colleagues
Cons
low salary comparing to real airbnb workers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Voxpro?
Weak management and work-life balance
This is a diverse cultural workplace culture but the way it is managed, firstly by team leads (who are NOT team leads and probably dont even have previous experience, so how would you expect them to manage well a team and provide great support and assistance?) but also by people above them.
Benefits are almost close to 0.
Pros
multicultural colleagues and environement
Cons
long hours, early or late shift on week ends (start 7am or end 8pm on w-e), very weak management, if you dont know anybody among the team leads you wont evolve and you will stay an associate.
Avoid unless desperate
Management are constantly telling you how great Voxpro is & how you belong at Voxpro however never put that into practice. They come down hard on you for unattainable goals even though you're working as hard as you can. There's absolutely no foresight in planning, seems like they just agree to everything the clients say without ever thinking of how it will impact the staff who can already be overworked as it is. Good place if you're from abroad & want to improve your everyday English skills. Co-workers were all very nice but I think it was a total sense of we're all in this sinking ship together. Management will say it's not feasible to give basic things like health coverage however will gloat about how much money Voxpro have made in the last year. Ridiculous late/absence policy & I know many fantastic agents who were let go as a result. Voxpro don't care about you, you're just a number. It's like a revolving door in there, I had 4 managers in the space of 6 months. Fine place to get your foot in the door to move on to better companies that are genuinely invested in their employees! You can make the office look as hip & trendy as you want but it doesn't change the fact your employees are miserable.
Pros
Canteen (if it's open)
Cons
Long shifts, hard to get time off, very inexperienced management, no connect between upper management and agents on the floor
Carrot at the end of a stick
Glitz and glam glaze over the cruel nature of a company expanding faster than the minds running it can handle. The bigger it gets the smaller the employee feels. Outrageous lack of sympathy or empathy to it's employees all hidden by programs aimed to make Voxpro look great. A bronzed facade to a rotten apple.
Pros
It's not a commission only job
Cons
Lack of appreciation, Unwillingness to adapt, egotistical management
Review
I dislike the level of experience of the managers. I feel that they are under qualified for the jobs they are doing and it is not in their best interest to support their subordinates.
There seems to be more focus on the aesthetics of the interior of the building than the actual working environment.

CEO is always available to talk to when he is in the office.

Lack of communication between the different departments.

Diverse group of people who are generally fun to work with.
Pros
Subsidized canteen
Cons
Difficult to arrange time off
Another abtran
Team leads are useless, quality pick at your work when you're doing your best, probation isn't passed for 99% of staff, overworked, underpaid & undervalued. It's your co-workers that will keep you here. They talk so much about progression and internal advancement but it's not true at all.
Pros
Coffee, parking, gym, competitions
Cons
Unappreciated staff, long hours
Fun workplace
Improve management and they should do more training in general. Better salary, payed sick days and add a pension scheme.
This is the Worst Company I've Ever Worked For
The Managers have not work ethic whatsoever, they do not know how to solve problems with customers and employees.
The pay is extremely low with no benefits, Nore House is Poorly Managed, training is extremely bad. I have been seeing that they fire employees every 5 month so they do not have to pay them holidays, that way they can advertise for more positions.

Do not Work Here.
Pros
Rosters
Cons
Everything Else
De belles promesses
Du blabla, ça reste un call center ... où les managers sont ceux qui ont sympathisé avec les bonnes personnes et qui n'ont pas forcément les compétences ni le savoir-être.
Working with idiots all the time
Managers useless no support what so ever. I uncovered what they do with adverts. They advertise jobs which do no exist just to state how great we are but really have no jobs. Bupa did it all the time. Avoid cork avoid voxpro
Pros
No pros but probably leaving was a pro
Cons
VoxPro uses you and spits you out
Low salary, very difficult housing situation in Cork, hire and fire culture where people aren't humans but ever exchangeable agents, just for people who really need a job. There is no real future for you on this salary in Cork.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Low pay + hire and fire culture
Fun workplace, but unrealistic expectations, poor people management, and the HR's and accountancy's knowledge is mediocre.
Fun workplace, but
1) unrealistic expectations: expected calls to be taken more than incoming calls, and more than which could be handled

2) poor people management: they are not well-prepared and with hidden arrogance
and
3) the HR's and accountancy's knowledge is mediocre, e.g. they are unable to handle a Bike2Work scheme
Pros
Fun workplace
Good place for a start
My first work experience is VoxPro. I enjoy the customers and my team. The management is sometimes pushy and not understanding to the actual role of the agent, and is over controlling. Unfortunately this describes most of the managers in this company.

Overall I would advise this place for people who only start or need experience working in English. However for family people it might be difficult do manage the schedule in a flexible way and as it is a stressful work it can influence the private life. Also there is no much probability for a career grow.
Pros
Fun; Vouchers; Contests;
Cons
Controlling managers; no phones
Great place to work!
Overall, Voxpro is a great place to work! A typical day is busy and fast paced but fun! I expanded my Customer Service knowledge and expanded my knowledge of Google Drive. The management and co-workers are great people!