Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 229,367 reviews matching the searchSee all 229,369 reviews

Deuterating

Management gives unrealistic workloads to the point where you basically cover for multiple roles and also sometimes deal with day time workload. People can just walk in when the building is closed (during work hours) and roam.

Pros

Some workers are very helpful

Cons

Un efficient inventory system that causes excess work load, if you're new they will try to manipulate you

Productive and cooperative organizational culture

Good understanding of workplace hazardGood communication chainGood for the entry level workers to growResponsible management Work-life balance Only the downside is salary and benefits

They were a great company to work for when I started. Over the last few years things changed.

For the most part I was satisfied with my job. Like most places there were days that it wasn’t the best. Over the last few years they made changes that were not the best.

Pros

Had great people that I worked with.

Cons

The atmosphere changed over the years.

Its okay

Although the work and managers suck, its a good paying part time job to get you through university. I liked the flexibility in my schedule. I could always change it to fit around my class schedule each semester.

A Job

Plain and simple. It's a job. You're paid fairly, do your duties, clock out at the end of the day, and that's it.For some people that's exactly what they're looking for. Management was average, some better than others as always. If you're looking for an impactful career, this probably is not for you. If you need a job and a consistent pay check, sign up.

Stressful and depressing

Taking a job at Walmart I thought I'd have opportunities to move up in advance especially since I'm older Walmart has shown they don't care about a person's health as long as they aren't getting hurt at work. They also don't really care if you have family issues or family things that come up. They don't work well with attendance they give you a point rating which can be messed up even when you try your best not to and they will fire you if you break over the points with no reason given.

Pros

Indoors job and a way to meet nice people

Cons

Stressful work environment

Integrity of the company as a whole.

I worked there for 15 years of my life learned a lot from my fellow co-workers I was never really one to sit there and tell somebody they did a good job when they hadn't. When working for Walmart you need to suck up to your manager and let them know they're doing a better job than what they are because the expectations are not high only the manner in which you can conduct your brown nosing skills.

Really depends on Management

It can be an alright place to work depending on the management involved. I've had it go from a pleasant work experience to something rather tedious and tiresome.

Depends on your store

Working Walmart is OK depending on who your coworkers and managers are.That being said the management at Walmart it’s OK it depends on who is running the store the task itself is easy however can get somewhat repetitive the only decent thing I’d say about Walmart it said you’ll get a 10% off all items and did a great environment to socialize with people for part-time workers such as students.I had my share of great memories working for Walmart and I’ve made excellent and long lasting friendships with workers and management but I have had my fair share of bad experience with poor management and coworkers as well it all depends on the work environment and the people you surround yourself with

Decent pay for a no experience job, Management is trash

Management overlooks and expects you to work like a robot. Decent pay for a job that requires no experience. Friendly coworkers and nice customers for the most part.

Common Walmart

A common retail job. OGP is shopping orders people make online then giving them to them when they arrive at the store. Simple job, though very stressful and they time you for how quick you pick in the store full of people, spills, fussy kids, ect.

Pros

Good pay, pretty good co-workers

Cons

Management is all over the place

No hay mucho que decir

El sueldo es bajo, de 1200 aprox,depende del área en qué yo estaba en frutas y verduras,y es un ambiente pesado, no te dan capacitación, solo le dicen a jefe encargado de área que te diga que hacer y ya, tienes que andar preguntando que más hay por hacer, recursos humanos muy prepotente y exigente,es mucha friega para tan poquito sueldo, Esto es un aviso, los cócteles los hacen con fruta que tienen moho o que ya tienen partes podridas

Pros

Te podías comer la fruta a escondidas

Cons

Bajo sueldo, condiciones de la fruta pésimas

Productive and Fun Work Place

Productive and Fun Work Place. Would recommend it to anyone. Pay is fair and benefits are competitive. Time off is good when compared to similar jobs.

Horrendous Management, You're Just A Number And Don't Expect Any Career Advancement

If you enjoy pointless work, ego fueled management and a career leading to little pay and horrible benefits then you've found just the place. The only good part of the job is you get to work with large groups of people if that's something you enjoy but keep in my mind the retention rate is incredibly high so you might not work with people you enjoy for long.

Okay as a temporary job

The positive about Walmart is having a secure and set schedule/hours. But the pay is low compared to the labor, there's no opportunity for pay raises. Management is poor, there isn't accountability in the workplace.

very stressful if management doesn't like you

I like what I did but hated the where the company went after 22 yrs of me working there. They are about the money. They could care less about you or your family.

Pros

Cons

incompetent management

Busy and rude people

Always dealing with people who are rude inconsistent work schedule and never full time. Never eligible for health care or retirement and they cut your hours off before you are able to get benefits thru the job

It's retail don't expect much

The job everyone has had at some point in their life just so they had some sort of income to help pay bills or pass time because they're old and drawing ss checks and like to work

Absolute joke to work for

Doesnt matter how long you have been there or how much you do on a daily basis. You are always expected to do more with little staff and next to no help from management well the store is falling apart around them. They dont care about keeping shelves full at all and they certainly dont care about their associates well being,

Pros

going home

Cons

management, staffing, zero gratitude

The worst management practice ever. No body appreciate you, until and unless you are one of the manager's favorites. Small mistake, you will be done, they will scold you like you murdered somebody, when it is impossible not to make single mistake in a day in faced paced/ busy retail world. Every single day is nightmare, as no communication channel going within the managers team. Every assistant manager has their own ego issue for no reason. They will treat you depend on their mood.

Pros

Your manager will learn something new from you every single day when you improve their mistakes.

Cons

Minimum Pay, Poor management, No appreciation, Politics, Biased work environment

The management was overall messy and unorganized.

I liked working at Walmart, but the management was very poor. At one point I was working in the back moving boxes, I am very small and was alone, one of the managers told me to work at a faster pace because I was never going to finish. There were over 200 boxes. I obviously am not a superhuman so I did not finish. I worked my hardest to work as quickly as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement