Waters Corporation
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Waters Corporation Employee Reviews

Ireland10 reviews
I work in a convent like environment,exposed to hazardous chemicals daily.chemicals such as cancer causing methanol are used as cleaning agents to wash down work stations.otherwise it's not bad so long as I stay alive to get my pension.
Supervisors constantly lie to staff and pass the book to the managers upstairs when questioned, managers have little to no contact with operators so cant be questioned. Managers pass the book to the U.S (also cant be questioned) which is handy when constantly asking for more work without a payrise. Company actively prevents any employees from trying to join a union because of the sheer amount of money it cost to make the workplace safe.
Secure employment.
Very clean and safe environment

Great facilities including a great canteen.

Great variety benefits

Education assistance

Social events

Challenging job with challenging targets

Efforts being made to create a better inclusive culture internally
Pros
Oppurtunities for advancement
Cons
development can be slow for operators
I am an employee of waters for 12 years.I have had no wage increase since I started,at least not what id call it.there is a difference between wage adjustment for inflation and an actual wage increase.for instance we got 3euro increase per week this year to keep up with the cost of living .management do not adhere to waters fairness and equality when it comes to promotion and sometimes do not even have interviews.
Some worker s have lots of jobs to do while others seem to do only one poor safety reporting people have gotten stitches in their heads falls and eye injurys these get brushed under the carpet.
Pros
Vhi
Cons
Safety
Wàters are breaking Irish equality laws by pàying unequal wages to people doing the exact same work.safety is also an issue with accidents like sþitches to people heads falls eye injuries being brushed under the carpet.pèrsistent lies from management about wage increase don't fool anyone there is a yearly wage adjustment to keep up with inflation but never has there been pay rise in the proper sence.
Pros
Vhi
Cons
Safetu
Zero chance of advancement or pay rise. Made to feel under scrutiny and any amount of work you do is not good enough, more is always wanted of you. Management also need to brush up on their people skills as they have none whatsoever. Avoid working here at all costs as it is detrimental to your mental health and overall wellbeing.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place
I have been working in waters for 7years. Nothing much has changed.If your not in the usual "click forget about it. Men are worse than women for gossip. Gossip is the vocal point of work here. People go missing in the click for 20mins at a time and nothing is said but you could just stop and talk for 2mins and your told back to work.Communication is very poor in waters. the job itself is interesting. It can be challenging but rewarding a sense of self achievement. Over all I like my line of work it's just a pitty about the gossip based staff and clicks.
Pros
health care
Cons
clicks, poor commuication
As a manager I am responsible for large scale production. Comparing responsibilities to the average operator my salary is not far away from theirs. Waters rebalance this by "rewarding" those on staff with the privilege of working day shift only.not great incentives for career advancement im afraid.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
As a foreign national I have felt biased against and notice no foreign nationals being promoted to key positions. Iam 12years here with no wage increase.a very unfriendly manager and office staff make for a unpleasant work atmosphere.gossip is widespread especially about personal relationship s.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Unfriendliness