Wayfair

Wayfair Employee Reviews

Liked working there
I would recommend it for anyone looking to get out of the retail space, and develop their experience level.
It's a different type of experience having to deal with customers virtually.
Not worth it
6 days training (two afternoons of which they played games, ...actual games), and then straight to phones.

If you have any problems with your manager,

don't bother taking it to HR they will accuse you of lying. That's what happened me I made one mistake and I was subjected to a tirade of insults and swearing. Made a complaint to HR about it and they accused me of lying and took the manager side 100%.

Very hostile environment, managers talking about former employees behind their backs. I'm glad to be out of it.
Nice company to work for
The best is, it is a virtual job I am working from home...you are like in a big office, have contact with your colleagues all the time, but you are in your own environment.
Stressful, fast paced
Avoid applying to Wayfair if you are looking at the Customer Service & Sales role, easily the worst experience I've ever had. Training is abysmal too much to take in with so little time and you are thrown into the deep end with not too much knowledge and managers belittle you once a mistake is committed. The toilets have poster in them "how to feel grounded" obviously due to the workload they put on employees. Thankfully have called quits not so long in there, waste of time.
Pros
Nice people in there, new employees, also some of the people who helped with training
Cons
Management, belittling seems to be a tactic used widley, some of the training in there is terrible
Good company. Fast paced. Metrics are king. Loads of opportunities to advance. Shifts are typically 8am to 7pm over 8 hours 30 minutes. Sunday to Sunday.
Excellent community and culture
I've spend over 7 years at Wayfair, I'm always, challenged, engaged and having fun. There is transparency with your managers. Peers get on well. The culture is what keeps you there.
Pros
Great culture, transparency
Honestly, an amazing company to work for Not easy work, but you're taken care of.
I had a great manager, a lovely team and was encouraged to continuously grow and pursue positions in fields that suited me. The benefits we're good and the facilities were great. What made it was everyone who worked and still works there.

Call centre work is hard, but Wayfair pay way better than most, and the training is fantastic.
Great Opportunities for Development if you go after them
Wayfair provides a great opportunity to enter into a booming industry, even if you have little to no experience in the past.

Career advancement is readily available, but you have to be able to speak openly with your manager and other teams in order to get there. Management works really hard to check in on team members and make sure they have an understanding of where they want to go, etc. The thing is, there's no set path. You can move laterally, you can move up, but YOU are responsible for making it known you want to, so you have to find the time to check in with other teams, etc. It can be hard, but it makes it more fun. Getting to direct my own career advancement has been fantastic and a great opportunity to move between teams.

The growth of certain areas is really exciting - particularly the growth of the Virtual team (working remotely). I expect there will be continued growth in this area.

The hardest part of the job is just how much change and how fast the company works. The EU is a growing market, so it's constantly changing and developing. It can be hard to keep up with policies and procedures.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to advance
Cons
A bit manic sometimes
Awful experience, if you value yourself, steer clear
I dont really want to waste any more time on this company, I worked remotely then one day after 9 months i was told the job wasnt for me.

No previous indications, I hit my targets every week and was paid a continually high performance bonus each month.

One day i was called to a meeting told im no longer needed and that was that, they shut me out of the system within seconds and that was the end.

Still to this day they have no contacted me with any valid reason for letting me go, only upside is free computer equipment, they havent even bothered to contact me to get that back.

Absolute shambles of a company, original staff were great but when they employed managers from outside the company went down hill rapidly.

The encourage feedback but any negative feedback they ignore or just dismiss,

If your happy to lick bum and jump when told then this is the job for you, if you have an opinion then this isnt the place for you, they dont like people that think outside the box.

The dont tell you when your getting paid, they say it will be by the last day of the month and it arrives randomly.
Pros
Free computer equipment
Stop Gap Job
Was fun working with my colleagues but this office is extremely immature and anyone looking to grow their professional career will leave here after a year or so. Staff are treated like pawns on a chess board and moved within teams at the whim of management. No job security, no guarantee of advancement, no worthwhile learning opportunities, not a long term job by any means. Loved working with my team mates but loved leaving to be honest and getting on with my life.
Pros
Teammates, free snacks, good location
Cons
Management, like dealing with robots, no leadership qualities
Exploitative, hostile management and toxic atmosphere
I worked there for 9 months and was never given a proper contract. Instead my temporary contract got extended every few months, which meant i had no security, health insurance, benefits etc. Other staff members I was talking to at that time where on a permanent contract but their 6 months probabtion time got extended at least once so the company didnt have to pay brnefits or contribute to health insurance. I was talking to lots of colleagues at the time and everyone agreed the management was greedy, exploitative, inhumane and pressured the workers into getting vast amounts of work done in short time periods. This led to people staying at work for unpaid over hours just to deal with the pressure and workload. In the short period i was working there 11 people quit because of the toxic atmosphere. The company is chronically understaffed and because of the high turn over in staff, there is a lot of pressure on new employees to get to work without much training.
I ended up leaving like so many other people.

This review goes for the back office. Maybe things are different in sales. But the people from sales i spoke to told me similar stories.
Pros
Lots of junk food for free but no healthy options
Cons
Long hours, understaffed, high turn over in staff, high stress levels
Good multi-national to work for
A good multinational company to work for with opportunity for career advancement. Good benefits and perks once permanent. Good social activities.

Its a good place to cut your teeth, or if your looking to advance your career it is possible to climb the ladder as the company is continually growing its work force.
Pros
Nice staff and management. Good culture and good social activities
Cons
Repetitive work
Great place to work!
Loved every minute I worked here.

All of my other work colleagues were so friendly and helpful.

Great training program in place for new staff and really enjoyed my work!
Pros
Complimentary coffee and snacks, Great training program in place for new staff, Friendly managers who are more than happy to help.
Cons
None at all :)