Wayfair Employee Reviews

Honestly, an amazing company to work for Not easy work, but you're taken care of.
Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Galway16 October 2019
I had a great manager, a lovely team and was encouraged to continuously grow and pursue positions in fields that suited me. The benefits we're good and the facilities were great. What made it was everyone who worked and still works there.

Call centre work is hard, but Wayfair pay way better than most, and the training is fantastic.
Great Opportunities for Development if you go after them
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ireland10 July 2019
Wayfair provides a great opportunity to enter into a booming industry, even if you have little to no experience in the past.

Career advancement is readily available, but you have to be able to speak openly with your manager and other teams in order to get there. Management works really hard to check in on team members and make sure they have an understanding of where they want to go, etc. The thing is, there's no set path. You can move laterally, you can move up, but YOU are responsible for making it known you want to, so you have to find the time to check in with other teams, etc. It can be hard, but it makes it more fun. Getting to direct my own career advancement has been fantastic and a great opportunity to move between teams.

The growth of certain areas is really exciting - particularly the growth of the Virtual team (working remotely). I expect there will be continued growth in this area.

The hardest part of the job is just how much change and how fast the company works. The EU is a growing market, so it's constantly changing and developing. It can be hard to keep up with policies and procedures.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to advance
Cons
A bit manic sometimes
Stop Gap Job
Sales (Former Employee) –  Galway13 April 2019
Was fun working with my colleagues but this office is extremely immature and anyone looking to grow their professional career will leave here after a year or so. Staff are treated like pawns on a chess board and moved within teams at the whim of management. No job security, no guarantee of advancement, no worthwhile learning opportunities, not a long term job by any means. Loved working with my team mates but loved leaving to be honest and getting on with my life.
Pros
Teammates, free snacks, good location
Cons
Management, like dealing with robots, no leadership qualities
Exploitative, hostile management and toxic atmosphere
Compliance and Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Galway12 August 2018
I worked there for 9 months and was never given a proper contract. Instead my temporary contract got extended every few months, which meant i had no security, health insurance, benefits etc. Other staff members I was talking to at that time where on a permanent contract but their 6 months probabtion time got extended at least once so the company didnt have to pay brnefits or contribute to health insurance. I was talking to lots of colleagues at the time and everyone agreed the management was greedy, exploitative, inhumane and pressured the workers into getting vast amounts of work done in short time periods. This led to people staying at work for unpaid over hours just to deal with the pressure and workload. In the short period i was working there 11 people quit because of the toxic atmosphere. The company is chronically understaffed and because of the high turn over in staff, there is a lot of pressure on new employees to get to work without much training.
I ended up leaving like so many other people.

This review goes for the back office. Maybe things are different in sales. But the people from sales i spoke to told me similar stories.
Pros
Lots of junk food for free but no healthy options
Cons
Long hours, understaffed, high turn over in staff, high stress levels
Great place to work!
Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Galway, Ireland27 November 2017
Loved every minute I worked here.

All of my other work colleagues were so friendly and helpful.

Great training program in place for new staff and really enjoyed my work!
Pros
Complimentary coffee and snacks, Great training program in place for new staff, Friendly managers who are more than happy to help.
Cons
None at all :)