Wayfair
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Wayfair Pay & Benefits reviews

Ireland14 reviews
Good multi-national to work for
A good multinational company to work for with opportunity for career advancement. Good benefits and perks once permanent. Good social activities.

Its a good place to cut your teeth, or if your looking to advance your career it is possible to climb the ladder as the company is continually growing its work force.
Pros
Nice staff and management. Good culture and good social activities
Cons
Repetitive work
Honestly, an amazing company to work for Not easy work, but you're taken care of.
I had a great manager, a lovely team and was encouraged to continuously grow and pursue positions in fields that suited me. The benefits we're good and the facilities were great. What made it was everyone who worked and still works there.

Call centre work is hard, but Wayfair pay way better than most, and the training is fantastic.
Exploitative, hostile management and toxic atmosphere
I worked there for 9 months and was never given a proper contract. Instead my temporary contract got extended every few months, which meant i had no security, health insurance, benefits etc. Other staff members I was talking to at that time where on a permanent contract but their 6 months probabtion time got extended at least once so the company didnt have to pay brnefits or contribute to health insurance. I was talking to lots of colleagues at the time and everyone agreed the management was greedy, exploitative, inhumane and pressured the workers into getting vast amounts of work done in short time periods. This led to people staying at work for unpaid over hours just to deal with the pressure and workload. In the short period i was working there 11 people quit because of the toxic atmosphere. The company is chronically understaffed and because of the high turn over in staff, there is a lot of pressure on new employees to get to work without much training.
I ended up leaving like so many other people.

This review goes for the back office. Maybe things are different in sales. But the people from sales i spoke to told me similar stories.
Pros
Lots of junk food for free but no healthy options
Cons
Long hours, understaffed, high turn over in staff, high stress levels