Westcare Homecare

Westcare Homecare Employee Reviews

I have worked for Westcare since 2016 and can say that the management and staff and carers are great to work with. Yes it’s busy but the management are always on the end of the phone to support the carers.
Pros
Good support
When I started with westcare my skills were very limited. This company was more than willing to train and mentor myself. I fell like they were very accommodating to my personal life and willing to work around my private clients. I would definitely recommend Westcare as an employer.
I worked with Westcare for two years and the biggest regret I have is not leaving the company sooner than now. They office staff and management in Cavan don’t care about there carers at all, treat them like dirt no matter how much they help. No confidentiality in company at all
Official response from Westcare Homecare
1 April 2019
Dear EmployeeThank you for your comments and we are sorry that you feel this way. Let me start by stating that you have had every opportunity in the 2 years to discuss your concerns with your Manager up until Thursday last when you stated that you were happy in your position. At no time were you treated in any way but respectful. We would be happy to discuss your concerns in person.
Worst company I’ve ever worked for wouldn’t advise anyone to work them don’t look after their clients or carers horrendous company poor service caters not qualified caters don’t gets their breaks breaking working time act!
Official response from Westcare Homecare
11 February 2019
Thank you for your review and we are sorry that you feel like this. Thankfully the majority of our employees do not feel this way and maybe this was not the job for you. We thank you for your time and wish you well for the future.
I have worked for Westcare Homecare since 2016 and i love my job i always have, Yes at times in can be hard but this is the job . you are looking after people every day making sure they are happy and content within their homes. When i leave a client and they are happy thats what makes my job worrth while. I do feel alot of people come into this role thinking its going to be easy but its not, it takes a certain kind of person to be in this role and stick with it. Such a rewadring job and Westcare have the personal touch that other comapnys do not have. They are on the ground all the time and meeting with staff and clients making sure that everyone is happy.We can ring our office 24/7 there is always someone there to talk to from management you are never on your own. We get any extra training we need as they have a registered nurse on site to give us carers advice on anything we need regarding our clients. I love my job and working with all the carers in my area and the best thing is we have consitency with our clinets. That is what make s our job easier and happier for the clinet .
Pros
Fun working enviroment
Cons
Hard at times but rewarding !!
I have been working with Westcare Homecare since 2017, and my overall experience has been extremely positive. The management, staff and clients are very supportive and no matter is going on in the personal lives of staff, they are there to listen and help. I have progressed greatly, professionally and with great training and supports I can see myself grow in this company. I would encourage any health care worker to apply with Westcare as I feel like they are now part of my family!
It is a great place to work I enjoy meeting new people every day and encourage anyone who enjoys this line of work to work here The hours may be long at times but the staff and people you meet make up for that
good place to work. management are good to you when show your reliable. good to be able to work alongside colleagues and learn from both colleagues and clients.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westcare Homecare?