Western Union

Western Union Employee Reviews

Purpose driven company...
I enjoyed my time at WU more so because of the people. Being a large company, change can take a long time. Upper management needs to better align the 'business solutions' entities into the overall company and resources. Sales compensations plans are unnecessarily complex. Good employer nonetheless. A very 'purpose driven' company that focuses on financial inclusion in some of the poorest regions. They also support many charities with their products and fund education initiatives.
Official response from Western Union
12 December 2018
We appreciate hearing your feedback. Thank you for leaving a review! One of the greatest parts of being a global organization is the opportunity to make connections and serve customers all around the world.
good working environment
a typical day at Western Union / Dahabshill was arriving at the money exchange & transfer agency as assistant manager at 08:45 AM. making all the systems and equipment ready needed to carry out the work, at 09:00 AM its opening time of the agency/shop.

I learned how to run a business efficiently, how to solve complains, how to deliver good customer service how to create a good working environment.

most enjoyable of the job was delivering good service without fault / complains and the good feedback from the customers.
Positive and Productive environment
Nearly the eleven years I have worked with Western Union, I have seen and experienced many opportunities and challenges in a large global US multinational. It has been a fantastic and mind blowing experience that I would not do it justice in a summary review but what I would say is that I have gained fantastic experience, delivered on key objectives and gained the exposure to make me a very rounded and able individual. What I enjoyed mostly was working with a great bunch of people not only in Ireland but around the world both in Western Union and my external customers. It is a very busy environment and makes many demands but this is easy when you enjoy what you do and you are part of a positive workplace.
Pros
benefits, people, our customers
Cons