Western Union

Western Union Employee Review

View all Western Union reviews

Positive and Productive environment
APAC Accounting Controller (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 December 2014
Nearly the eleven years I have worked with Western Union, I have seen and experienced many opportunities and challenges in a large global US multinational. It has been a fantastic and mind blowing experience that I would not do it justice in a summary review but what I would say is that I have gained fantastic experience, delivered on key objectives and gained the exposure to make me a very rounded and able individual. What I enjoyed mostly was working with a great bunch of people not only in Ireland but around the world both in Western Union and my external customers. It is a very busy environment and makes many demands but this is easy when you enjoy what you do and you are part of a positive workplace.
Pros
benefits, people, our customers
Cons

Other Western Union Employee Reviews

Compliance Exposure
If you want to learn about Compliance, WU will provide you with one of the best exposure. Very good work/life balance; job security not as much.
Be careful when you negotiate your salary, you will be hired for one position and 3 months later they will double your responsibilities.
Official response from Western Union
23 March 2020

Thank you for your review. We're glad you believe Western Union is a great place to learn about compliance, as it plays a significant role in everything we do for our customers! Providing a healthy work-life balance is essential, and we are constantly looking for ways our employees can maximize this balance to maintain a balanced lifestyle. We're sorry to hear about your experience with job security and advancement. We want employees to develop in their roles, and we provide promotions based on knowledge, abilities, and contributions. As we're going through a transformative time as a company, we will take note of your feedback and share it with the appropriate teams.

Purpose driven company...
Corporate Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 November 2018
I enjoyed my time at WU more so because of the people. Being a large company, change can take a long time. Upper management needs to better align the 'business solutions' entities into the overall company and resources. Sales compensations plans are unnecessarily complex. Good employer nonetheless. A very 'purpose driven' company that focuses on financial inclusion in some of the poorest regions. They also support many charities with their products and fund education initiatives.
Official response from Western Union
12 December 2018

We appreciate hearing your feedback. Thank you for leaving a review! One of the greatest parts of being a global organization is the opportunity to make connections and serve customers all around the world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Western Union Reviews by Location