Wincanton Ltd

Wincanton Ltd Employee Reviews

Ireland33 reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,010 reviews

Not fun

People who cheat get the high rates. People who fix the mess do not. The people who carry the light stuff get to share trolleys with people who carry the heavy boxes. The trolleys themselves are not equally good. Some are so bad.

Pros

Money

Cons

Not properly supervised

Toxic ambient. Bad working conditions

Imagine an ambient where hundred people walk for 8 hours carrying boxes. The bathroom is always dirty. You have to deal with lazy guys who cheat the system, working badly. Then you loose time fixing the mess. This decreases your productivity that's based in time, not in efficiency. The supervisors know about it but they just ignore. They spend time enjoying conversation with colleagues and you work more and more until suffer a backpain. Then they will just replace you by someonelse.

Insights into Wincanton Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness

Stressful place

no matter how hard you work, you will never be recognized. Supervisors give privileges to those they know, not those who actually work.

Very nice place and people there are very good and helpfull and supportive

Very nice place supervisors are 1000% a bit strick but needed highly recomend working here. You would learn an awfull lot in wincanton and you are pushed to bring out the best in yourself

Pros

Fun working

Very stressful workplace

I just started work there and I think the supervisors or team leaders are very bossy and rude. They do not listen to their employees and have zero respect. Of course there is one or two that listen and are willing to help.I work night shift and we are being treated like trash and all they worry about is reaching the target which is sometimes impossible with the way the system is set up. I wouldnt recommend anyone to work there unless it is for fast money and get out of there after a month or so.

Pros

fast money

Cons

hard job

Well

I’ve enjoyed my time at wincanton, but I’d like to experience more jobs to try out more different things and build up my knowledge in other industries.

Pros

Chatty

Cons

Hard work

Good atmosphere and friendly helpfull staff . Do the work and keep your head down and you will have no problems . Plenty of extra work and overtime if required but no pressure to do it if you don't want to .

Poor review

Avoid this place if you can ,people are treated like Slaves the managers dont care about the person or his/her health they only care about the pick rate ,and they dont give you a chance to achieve the pick rate at your own time ,they do not care if you are new to company ,they go by " if its easy for me than its easy for you" avoid this place at all costs ,money they give is not worth the stress

not bad

good for win money. a lot of difernt cilture.workera fro all over the world ees. they always have extra hourss.. always busy..but the work it's alweays the same..lite bit boring

Slave Labour

The worst job I have ever experienced. I was hired and trained in quite quickly but the 4th day in was an absolute nightmare. I came to a supervisor for help on my voice picking headset and she blanked me until i decided to leave her presence and then she pulled me over pointing the finger at me. I was hassled by a certain Polish Supervisor about my rates being low. I said the headset wont recognize my voice when I call the store unit number out and she joked “oh you have a problem with numbers?!”. She then warned me of my poor performance regarding rates and I walked away. I got watched like an eagle because I went to the toilet. Anyways later she was going mad at me and two random staff members over stock placement and said “from now on I will be keeping a close eye on you three!”. That’s when I decided I’ve had enough of this slave wage factory. Avoid it it’s not worth the money to damage your physical and mental health.

An okay place to work

Work hours are not great, although pay is better. Work culture isn't great, people tend to group together and only speak to people they know. Majority of people don't speak English most of the time which can lead to awkwardness if you don't speak their language

Worst place to work.

Horrible people to work for. All managers are polish and very ignorant people. They only look out for there own kind. If your polish you should be fine other wise, NEVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. Worst 9 days of my life!!!

Not a positive review

I was not happy at Wincanton because the people that work there have bad manners and are unprofessional. I did not like how employees conducted themselves.

Good pay but hard

They pay good but the job is physically hard for 8 hours a day. Pay fair enough overtime with double pay and time and half. it's very dirty and the management is okay. the workers need to shower more often though as it is manual labour and people sweat.

A dump!

It's like a school playground! Faulty equipmpent, bad policies and unrealistic targets along with immature coworkers & management. They treat their workers poorly because they're dispensable!

not allowed to talk to each other like a robot checking ur speed how many boxes u have put away

slave labour i done over a year with wincanton i was lucky i got into goods in nearly straight away people there months walking all day up and down being rushed at least 10 to 20 people getting hired a week cause of people leaving paying recuirting agends your hard earned money wincanton dont wont u to be come wincanton staff even dow the will rather pay agends ur extra 2 or 3 euros a hour u deserve plus working for flexsource example promise u full time cancel ur shift last sec maybe u do 2 or 3 days a week then u have to go on x and o to make ur money worth while wincanton take on very little staff themselfs the will tell u after year or so u might be taking on by them more like 4 to 5 years even if ur the best worker

Horrible place to work

you get treated like a slave, majority of the managers aren't irish and speak about you in their own language. ALL IRISH WORKERS are left to do slave labor carting 115 boxes that can weigh up to 25 kilo around bayoff no matter what your gender or age is. I have been injured working in bayoff over a dozy person not using their manual handing which i require physio with, and due to my absence even after ringing my boss and providing a doctors note, they treated me like dirt every chance they got. Leaving the place was the best thing i done

Pros

Not stuck there anymore

Cons

starting in the first place. seriously, Avoid.

Empresa dinâmica

Ótima oportunidade de trabalho para conhecer os processo da logística em outro pais.

Horrible

If You are thinking or being offered to work here, take a minute to read this.. Supervisors- Apart from 1 supervisor and thats out of the 15 I know of, they are horrible people to work under. They treat you like you are worth nothing but a slave, they talk about you in there own language and make jokes, they make you feel like you do nothing right, despite the hard work and efforts you put in. I feel like the management encourages this, “ To make push the employees (slaves) to meet targets” Facilities- There is nothing special in regards to your lunch break area, they have 4/5 Vending machines that sell crisps, drinks tea and coffee, 2 vending machines with food like sandwiches and wraps, 1 of them machines sell gone off/ out of date food somtimes aswwll. Salary- For the pressure and grief you deal with, the salary is not worth it, but €10 an hour is not the worst. Job Duties. - “BAY OFF” Bay off is where you go when you start, its a big section in the warehouse at the back, there is cameras on every corner you can imagine for your safety and to make sure your working. Bay off is basically lines of pallets with numbers above them where there destination the pallet is going, there is than a row of pallets that come through with box’s on them and you put the box on the pallet that has the same number... nothing hard about that at all, NOW... there will be 2 supervisor walking around watching everything counting your rate of box’s, you need to lift around 115/117 box’s per hour(roughly) this sounds easy yes, its physical but its not a hard job, the hard part -

Pros

Cons

Alot

lerned how to lif boxses the safe way

I really enjoy working in wincanton becouse you can learn a lot of new things and the staff are very friendly.The hardest part of the job is to make sure the boxses are lifted onto the pallet correct way.

Cons

work on saturday

overworked

Too much work for such little money had no time to think just work and the shift changes is ridiculous the management has no stability or sympathy towrds any colleague in the industry.

Pros

Cons

too much work could hurt yourself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wincanton Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement