Woodie's DIY
Woodie's DIY Employee Review

Worst Place to wprk ever

21 August 2020
Worse place to work ever, work you to the bone for peanuts. Management (with the exception of 2 team leaders) dont care about there staff, literally no work/life balance. Expect you to be experts at everything with no training. Favourites got advancments. One guy with mental health issues was told take a pill and get over it. Heard recently that the manager in question was moved to another store (god help them).
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
1 team leaders whos name starts with D
Cons
Pay, upper management, poor job advancement, poor moral, not enough space to type them all
10 April 2017
Same role
Sales assistant/relief cashier (Former Employee) - North Dublin, County Dublin
I worked for Woodies for almost 5 years. During those 5 years I met some lovely people. I learned a lot about customer service in the time that I was there. The most enjoyable part of working for Woodies was learning new things and meeting new people. I started off working on the shop floor, I was then trained on the tills and then the customer service desk. I was also trained in the cash office and would occasionally work in other Woodies stores if other staff members were out sick or on holidays.
Pros
Working as part of a team.
Cons
Having to work most weekends.
18 January 2020
Same location
Colleague (Current Employee) - Sandyford, County Dublin
The friendships and co-operation between colleagues is great. Fantastic support from those around you. Management is hit or miss. Some will go out of their way for you, and that gives you the motivation to return the favour. Some openly call colleagues disposable numbers to fill the floor. And those ones will treat you as such.
9 December 2019
Same location
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Sandyford, County Dublin
Worked there for quite a while gave it my all everyday only to get injured and be made an outcast and stripped of all bonuses because of an investigation. Other than that it’s quite a challenging job due to the amount of knowledge you are meant to have in comparison to the next to no product training you receive, most of the staff are great but majority of management are rude and incompetent. Pay is just more than the minimum.