Woodie's DIY

Woodie's DIY Employee Reviews in Sandyford, County Dublin

Featured review
Woodie's DIY selected this as a representative review
Never a dull moment Great experience gained, new skills Productive work place Room for improvement/promotion Management in constant communication with staff Organization skills and work place safety is very high
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours multiple days in a row
Worse place to work ever, work you to the bone for peanuts. Management (with the exception of 2 team leaders) dont care about there staff, literally no work/life balance. Expect you to be experts at everything with no training. Favourites got advancments. One guy with mental health issues was told take a pill and get over it. Heard recently that the manager in question was moved to another store (god help them).
Pros
1 team leaders whos name starts with D
Cons
Pay, upper management, poor job advancement, poor moral, not enough space to type them all
The friendships and co-operation between colleagues is great. Fantastic support from those around you. Management is hit or miss. Some will go out of their way for you, and that gives you the motivation to return the favour. Some openly call colleagues disposable numbers to fill the floor. And those ones will treat you as such.
Worked there for quite a while gave it my all everyday only to get injured and be made an outcast and stripped of all bonuses because of an investigation. Other than that it’s quite a challenging job due to the amount of knowledge you are meant to have in comparison to the next to no product training you receive, most of the staff are great but majority of management are rude and incompetent. Pay is just more than the minimum.
Most days can be fun, the people that work here are a really great bunch. Management can be difficult, at times you can have 4 people telling you different things to do. The hardest part of the job is the hours and not knowing your roster for the coming weeks. The people, floor staff, make this an overall enjoyable place to work but it really depends on your aspirations as to whether or not this is the place for you.
Pros
co workers, discount, first pick when things are reduced to clear.
Cons
unsociable hours, hourly wage is very low
I used to set up my till. counting money every day working on the reception pricing all the goods doing orders The best moment was when I used to help customers face to face giving lots of suggestions about homestyle section the one I was used to look for.
Cons
I started working at Woodies DIY as a part time sales assistant. Work was great. I started from till operations, to assistance in garden center with plants, balloon bar and home-style department where I did most. Eventually I was setting up displays and ordering stock , and also I was lucky one to go on a shop refits with interior design managers also to other stores in the country. Co workers were lovely and there was always good atmosphere at work, managers were always helpful and guiding just as well as supportive. In fairness there was never the area or task to describe as hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable then again was and also fun a stock taking.. well yes a tricky one but I liked it. Working there I was very happy, and I learned there is never too small or too big job uneasy to handle...you can do everything,,just when you want it. I started my employment there with smile, and every time I visit...that smile is still there.
Pros
Christmas hamper
Cons
dust