Woodie's DIY

Woodie's DIY Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Featured review
Woodie's DIY selected this as a representative review
Never a dull moment Great experience gained, new skills Productive work place Room for improvement/promotion Management in constant communication with staff Organization skills and work place safety is very high
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours multiple days in a row
Worse place to work ever, work you to the bone for peanuts. Management (with the exception of 2 team leaders) dont care about there staff, literally no work/life balance. Expect you to be experts at everything with no training. Favourites got advancments. One guy with mental health issues was told take a pill and get over it. Heard recently that the manager in question was moved to another store (god help them).
Pros
1 team leaders whos name starts with D
Cons
Pay, upper management, poor job advancement, poor moral, not enough space to type them all
I worked for Woodies for almost 5 years. During those 5 years I met some lovely people. I learned a lot about customer service in the time that I was there. The most enjoyable part of working for Woodies was learning new things and meeting new people. I started off working on the shop floor, I was then trained on the tills and then the customer service desk. I was also trained in the cash office and would occasionally work in other Woodies stores if other staff members were out sick or on holidays.
Pros
Working as part of a team.
Cons
Having to work most weekends.