Woodie's DIY

Woodie's DIY Employee Reviews

Featured review
Woodie's DIY selected this as a representative review
Never a dull moment Great experience gained, new skills Productive work place Room for improvement/promotion Management in constant communication with staff Organization skills and work place safety is very high
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours multiple days in a row
Nice Reception - Busy Environment in Head Office Woodies Tallaght Nice that it had two receptionist and a balcony that you could step out on and canteen beside you.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
During my time at Woodies I have been trained in a number of different positions. I have till training, customer sercive training and cash office training to name a few. A typical day in work I would be on the customer service for the morning where I would be in charge of doing refunds and exchanges. I would then go up into the cash office in the afternoon where i would count the tills from the previous day, count all cash pickups from the day before, fill in the end of day statements and prepare the lodgement for the bank.
Pros
Offered training
Cons
short hours
Most days can be fun, the people that work here are a really great bunch. Management can be difficult, at times you can have 4 people telling you different things to do. The hardest part of the job is the hours and not knowing your roster for the coming weeks. The people, floor staff, make this an overall enjoyable place to work but it really depends on your aspirations as to whether or not this is the place for you.
Pros
co workers, discount, first pick when things are reduced to clear.
Cons
unsociable hours, hourly wage is very low
I worked in woodies for 4 years i started off as floor staff take care of building section and then got the job in the warhorse in woodies working there for two years as Well i also did two refits while I was with the company
Pros
Meet good people
Cons
The pay was not great
Woodies pay minimum wage without any possibility of this ever rising more than a couple of cents for the vast majority of employees. What this ultimately means is that they struggle to find adequately qualified staff who are capable of selling the products that they stock. Also as they do not provide full time contracts, for the most part all they can manage to employ is teenagers looking for a weekend job to get them through school or college. For someone looking for this kind of employment, its not a bad place to work. Furthermore, despite the low rate of pay, they are constantly understaffed & expect the staff they do have to undertake multiple, unachievable tasks. Overall, the company is a dis organised mess with an out of touch leadership & management team with notions of grandeur.
Pros
Sociable hours. Double time on weekends
Cons
Pay, management
I was there 3 years I like working there but I got a new job. I took in deliveries and make sure if the order is write and if there is any items short I write t down and imform the manager
I usually operated on the tills and also on the shop floor helping customers with what products they should buy and where to find certain products. I learned alot of skills such as cutting keys and paint mixing. the workplace culture was good there was good delegation of work but no real place for advancement in terms of a job.
Se enseñan diferentes actividades para desarrollo del empleado.
Woodies has a great reputation for being a great place to work. It has a great work/life balance but I find that it could pay it's colleagues more as this would help keep turnover down and you could keep on top performers to create an even better business.
To much pressure put on people and never enough staff hired in any shop. Always huge turn over of staff in shops as people dont feel valued at any level
Woodies was a great place to work. When I started first the team showed me the ropes in all the different departments. I worked in all these area’s so the job was very varied and interesting. We all worked hard but we still had time for a laugh. I worked full time 5 days a week for 3/12. The shifts were long, most days I worked 8am – 9pm, a shorter day consisted of 9am – 6pm. At the start of each day we got the store ready, which consisted of putting garden furniture at the front of the shop, stocking shelves, sweeping floors, watering plants, moving, packing and unpacking boxes. Each day we were allocated a department to work in for the morning, afternoon and then evening which meant you never got bored. As customers came in I offered my services and advise if needed to help choose the product. For example, in the paint department I directed the customer to the different brands of paint and color charts, advised them of the price and quality and once they had decided which color they wanted I would then make up the paint according to the manufacturer’s directions and mix it on the machine. Depending on the department you were working in there was always particular jobs that had to be done for example, in the horticulture department, I had to water the plants regularly throughout the day as it was very hot to avoid drying out and plants dying. Stocking and tidying up was carried out throughout the day. As closing time approached the garden furniture was brought into the shop overnight, this involved heavy lifting as I am quite strong this wasn’t a problem. I learnt - more...
Pros
Proximity to my home, local
Cons
Standing on your feet for long hours
A start up operation which gave staff an opportunity to show their creativity and initiative. Young vibrant workforce. Good opportunities for promotion and advancement.
Helping people to the best of you ability, making sure you are attending to them correctly, always listen so you can understand exactly what the customer is looking for. Helping people on customer services to provide them with a great experience of the shop. Welcoming a customer to show that they are been acknowledged and are welcome in the store.
Pros
Meeting people
- Constantly moving forward with very Seasonal spikes. Summer is reliant on the weather and DIY Retailing is the same. The Christmas run in is a brilliant buzz around the whole company and everyone gets involved in the spirit.
Pros
Health Care, Pension
Cons
Advancement is not readily available in all areas
It was a nice place to work and i was looked after. My overall experience from what i remember is it was a good company to work for. I was very young back then but i believe i got along with everyone which was nice to.
Muito feliz por ter a oportunidade de fazer parte da equipe de funcionarios dessa empresa. Empresa Irlandesa que me proporcionou um grande desenvolvimento profissional e pessoal.
I worked for Woodies for almost 5 years. During those 5 years I met some lovely people. I learned a lot about customer service in the time that I was there. The most enjoyable part of working for Woodies was learning new things and meeting new people. I started off working on the shop floor, I was then trained on the tills and then the customer service desk. I was also trained in the cash office and would occasionally work in other Woodies stores if other staff members were out sick or on holidays.
Pros
Working as part of a team.
Cons
Having to work most weekends.
Avoid working here at all costs. Management is very poor and have no loyalty or appreciation towards their staff members. No organisation or communication amongst the management team.
Management and the team are great, very handy job and you learn something new every day. Great fun at times but also stressful too. Working with a great team that are well cultured and involved to reach deadlines and keep up standards
Pros
Great fun, new lessons every day, build good friendships
Cons
Not the best pay, stressful in rush hours
Looking for something with my qualification but found my overall experience of working life here to be enjoyfull and learned a lot along the way
Cons
Wages
  1. Employee reviews