Woodie's DIY

Woodie's DIY Employee Reviews

Featured review
Woodie's DIY selected this as a representative review
Never a dull moment Great experience gained, new skills Productive work place Room for improvement/promotion Management in constant communication with staff Organization skills and work place safety is very high
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours multiple days in a row
I have 5 years’ experience in sales and retail from my current position in Woodies DIY. I have spent the majority of my time working on customer service in Woodies DIY. I am very customer orientated; self-motivated and have the drive to succeed in all aspects of my professional life. I have an excellent working relationship with both my management and staff in my current position.
Pros
enjoyable workplace
Cons
working weekends and late nights
As the store supervisor i was responsible for the smooth running of tasks assigned to staff on daily basis,giving my help whenever needed.It was my responsibility to make sure that the shop floor was covered with enough staff daily to ensure customers received the best service while shopping,and also to cover orders needed to be merchandised on shop floor.I had a great relationship with staff as I always listened and sorted to the best of my ability and issues they had regarding rotas and time off etc,and I constantly organised nights out as I feel it is important to be able to separate the two work and socializing .The hardest part of my role I found was the customer who was never satisfied no matter how hard you tried to assist them but luckily they were few and far between. I enjoyed every aspect of my job I arrived every morning happy, and left every evening looking forward to the next day ,as each day was different and I was always ready to face a new day.
Pros
happy environment always listened to and staff sales
Cons
working late evenings