Woodies Employee Reviews

Featured review
Woodies selected this as a representative review
Excellent and productive
Floor Staff/warehouse staff (Former Employee) –  Glasnevin, County Dublin14 January 2018
Never a dull moment
Great experience gained, new skills
Productive work place
Room for improvement/promotion
Management in constant communication with staff
Organization skills and work place safety is very high
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours multiple days in a row
Good Colleagues, Mixed Management
Colleague (Current Employee) –  Sandyford, County Dublin18 January 2020
The friendships and co-operation between colleagues is great. Fantastic support from those around you. Management is hit or miss. Some will go out of their way for you, and that gives you the motivation to return the favour. Some openly call colleagues disposable numbers to fill the floor. And those ones will treat you as such.
Limited opportunities in finance
Accounts Payable Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin7 January 2020
I worked at woodies for 14 years, a lot of colleagues tend to stay with the company long term.. there is not a lot of opportunity to advance your a career within finance department
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Career development
Productive and fun place to work
Part-Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 December 2019
Had a great time working here, however there is questionable management present in the store. There is a helpful work culture among staff. Decent training provided once a year. Not visible career progression paths.
No loyalty
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandyford, County Dublin9 December 2019
Worked there for quite a while gave it my all everyday only to get injured and be made an outcast and stripped of all bonuses because of an investigation. Other than that it’s quite a challenging job due to the amount of knowledge you are meant to have in comparison to the next to no product training you receive, most of the staff are great but majority of management are rude and incompetent. Pay is just more than the minimum.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasnevin, County Dublin27 November 2019
Woodies has won the “Great Place to Work” award 2years ago and it is well deserved. There is colleague committee for voicing your opinions. There is a generous colleague discount and Christmas bonus. We have an online messaging system to highlight great customer service/ teamwork etc. Each year we have an awards ceremony for the best colleagues in their respective roles. I find that the culture in Woodies is really good. You are given a certain amount of autonomy in your work8ng day. There is great emphasis on training and learning. Woodies participates in the “Seeds for Success” and also has many training modules on their own academy.
Manager was terrible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 October 2019
Worked for the worst person in the company. Upon trying to get rid of her, they dragged us into the scenario, made us to be the worst employees.
I left on my own.
lovely place and people to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gardening22 September 2019
lovely place to work. the staff made it a great place.
unfortunately i had to leave as i lived to far away and couldn't afford the travel.
and luckily i found a job closer to home.
dead end job
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Glasnevin, County Dublin18 April 2019
Managers would never communicate it was a complete disaster only a good job for somebody part time going to school or college. Would not recommend for anybody with a family and kids because it simply doesn't pay the bills.
Kitchen Design
Kitchen Dc (Current Employee) –  Coolock, County Dublin12 February 2019
I have learned a lot but training as a Dc could be slightly better but otherwise not a bad place to work...............................................................
Reception Temp
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin11 January 2019
Nice Reception - Busy Environment in Head Office Woodies Tallaght
Nice that it had two receptionist and a balcony that you could step out on and canteen beside you.
Pros
Free Parking
Productive fun workplace
Cash Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin10 January 2019
During my time at Woodies I have been trained in a number of different positions. I have till training, customer sercive training and cash office training to name a few. A typical day in work I would be on the customer service for the morning where I would be in charge of doing refunds and exchanges. I would then go up into the cash office in the afternoon where i would count the tills from the previous day, count all cash pickups from the day before, fill in the end of day statements and prepare the lodgement for the bank.
Pros
Offered training
Cons
short hours
Fun at times
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sandyford, County Dublin6 December 2018
Most days can be fun, the people that work here are a really great bunch. Management can be difficult, at times you can have 4 people telling you different things to do. The hardest part of the job is the hours and not knowing your roster for the coming weeks. The people, floor staff, make this an overall enjoyable place to work but it really depends on your aspirations as to whether or not this is the place for you.
Pros
co workers, discount, first pick when things are reduced to clear.
Cons
unsociable hours, hourly wage is very low
Poor pay & a badly ran company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin5 September 2018
Woodies pay minimum wage without any possibility of this ever rising more than a couple of cents for the vast majority of employees. What this ultimately means is that they struggle to find adequately qualified staff who are capable of selling the products that they stock. Also as they do not provide full time contracts, for the most part all they can manage to employ is teenagers looking for a weekend job to get them through school or college. For someone looking for this kind of employment, its not a bad place to work. Furthermore, despite the low rate of pay, they are constantly understaffed & expect the staff they do have to undertake multiple, unachievable tasks.

Overall, the company is a dis organised mess with an out of touch leadership & management team with notions of grandeur.
Pros
Sociable hours. Double time on weekends
Cons
Pay, management
workplace
Forklift Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 August 2018
I was there 3 years I like working there but I got a new job.
I took in deliveries and make sure if the order is write and if there is any items short I write t down and imform the manager
Good amosphere, decent job
Floor staff (Former Employee) –  Glasnevin, County Dublin18 June 2018
I usually operated on the tills and also on the shop floor helping customers with what products they should buy and where to find certain products. I learned alot of skills such as cutting keys and paint mixing. the workplace culture was good there was good delegation of work but no real place for advancement in terms of a job.
Empresa que brinda oportunidad a extranjeros a desarrollarse profesional y personalmente.
Cash Office Responsible and Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Dublin4 April 2018
Se enseñan diferentes actividades para desarrollo del empleado.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 January 2018
Woodies has a great reputation for being a great place to work. It has a great work/life balance but I find that it could pay it's colleagues more as this would help keep turnover down and you could keep on top performers to create an even better business.
Not a fun place to work
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 November 2017
To much pressure put on people and never enough staff hired in any shop.
Always huge turn over of staff in shops as people dont feel valued at any level
Exciting new workforce
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 September 2017
A start up operation which gave staff an opportunity to show their creativity and initiative. Young vibrant workforce. Good opportunities for promotion and advancement.
Productive, enthusiastic
Customer services , till operator (Current Employee) –  Kilkenny12 July 2017
Helping people to the best of you ability, making sure you are attending to them correctly, always listen so you can understand exactly what the customer is looking for.
Helping people on customer services to provide them with a great experience of the shop. Welcoming a customer to show that they are been acknowledged and are welcome in the store.
Pros
Meeting people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodies. Our community is ready to answer.