Woodies

Woodies Employee Reviews for Floor Staff

Floor Staff3 reviews
Ireland3 reviews
Featured review
Woodies selected this as a representative review
Excellent and productive
Never a dull moment
Great experience gained, new skills

Productive work place

Room for improvement/promotion

Management in constant communication with staff

Organization skills and work place safety is very high
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours multiple days in a row
Good amosphere, decent job
I usually operated on the tills and also on the shop floor helping customers with what products they should buy and where to find certain products. I learned alot of skills such as cutting keys and paint mixing. the workplace culture was good there was good delegation of work but no real place for advancement in terms of a job.
Brief discouraging but honest review of Woodies after 8 years employment.
Worked in Woodies DIY for 8 years through undergraduate and post-grad years.
Really would not have bothered reviewing but I found the available reviews quite suspect and possibly scripted.

Just under 8 years working with no blemish on record and having keen personal interest in DIY. Worked on the floor,desk tills etc. Started work in 2007 on 9.06 EUR/hr left in 2016 on 9.25EUR/hr.

You will be systematically referred to as colleagues that are 'experts' in the field. You are required to act as an expert and advise customers on products from an 'experts'' point of view some of which are quite expensive with cursory or in the most part zero training. Hoodwinking customers is the general order of the day because trust me working for 9EUR an hour with no bonus and no reasonable chance of a raise does not attract the employ of ''experts'' but it does attract needy students like myself at the time. With nearly 8 years experience working in this company I can hand-on heart not recommend this place as a long term place of employment nor as a place for quality honest service with great value.IF advice and piece of mind is required be sure to at least consult the internet or a reputable DIY store that can offer honest practical advice prior to purchasing. I will stand by any of these comments and will reply if needed to any perspective customer or job seeker looking at Woodies DIY as a possible employer.Main tip ....work there for as long as it suits you...don't kill yourself because of encouraging head office emails...because that is what they are emails, some lies and general flirtation
 - more...
Pros
staff discount, some great people
Cons
Head office apathy towards workers. treatment of staff. Decieving customers