Woodies

Woodies Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate4 reviews
Ireland4 reviews
Featured review
Woodies selected this as a representative review
Excellent and productive
Never a dull moment
Great experience gained, new skills

Productive work place

Room for improvement/promotion

Management in constant communication with staff

Organization skills and work place safety is very high
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours multiple days in a row
Management and the team are great, very handy job and you learn something new every day. Great fun at times but also stressful too.
Working with a great team that are well cultured and involved to reach deadlines and keep up standards
Pros
Great fun, new lessons every day, build good friendships
Cons
Not the best pay, stressful in rush hours
Good atmosphere poor advancement opportunities
A lot of skills to be learned. A very enjoyable working environment staff are very friendly and supportive. Hard to progress even with a variety of skills people progress but stay in positions for long periods of time so there is little chance to take advantage of skills learned.
Some changes going on company wide seem to be trying to help towards advancement.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
adavancement
Lovely customer base where I was working
I very much enjoyed working in Woodies as I got to work further on my communication skills and my confidence definitely improved!
Pros
Fun, Interesting people.
Cons
Too much time spent on the tills and not permitted to do very much else
Very informative workplace but also strenuous and stressful at times.
A typical day working in Woodies DIY would consist of helping customers with any queries they may have, unpacking and organizing stock, taking sales on tills, general upkeep of the store etc.
I learned a lot from working in Woodies DIY, mostly things related to DIY such as the different kinds of paint, different kinds of light bulbs, putting flat-packed furniture together etc.

I got along with everybody including management, my co-workers, the customers. I feel I gained a lot of experience in dealing with customers and any concerns or problems they may have.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the angry customers that I inevitably came across on a daily basis. However, once I kept a smile on my face, was polite and courteous, and did everything I could to remedy whatever the problem was the issue would be soon resolved.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills relating to DIY which I can put into practice in my own home and give other people advice on.
Pros
Occasionally customers would give you small tips for helping them to their car with their shopping.
Cons
Occasional long hours and strenuous work.