Woolworths Supermarket

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews

Found 5,163 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,164 reviews

Started as a cashier then went to department head then went to resident assistant manager

Fun workplace with good people

Woolies is an overall fun environment to work in. Head office causes a lot of issues with changes and wage cuts, which is unfair considering we are already paid pretty little. Really fair breaks

Pros

nice people, very fair breaks

Cons

Customer service, not a great pay rate

Fun and stressful in gud way

My colleagues at work made my work so much easier. My peers always lend a helping hand in whatever difficult situation I found myself in I was in sales which a lot find difficult not me though I strive in sales as I believe if u know your product and offerings you'll know exactly how to sell it overall I had a great experience at woolworths financial services

Pros

Team lunches that was free if we made target

Cons

Working longer hours to get to your business target

pretty good i guess

work was good, people were a bit eh, pay was also kind of eh.other co-workers were helpful, one I got along with really well, but I felt as if some of them didn't like me.

Productive and fun working environment

Woolworths is very considerate when it comes to their workers, the working hours are reasonable and they provide stuff transport for days that staff has to work late, I had the best experience working for Woolworths.

Effectiveness and good customer service

Excellent customer service, effective and organised is part of their culture and not forgetting cleanliness thats the good part of it. The bad would say their trading hours.

Fun workplace and good hours

We had a fantastic manager, amazing work culture and the staff were easy to get along with. It is a good adjustment when transitioning into the company and people were willing to help.

Pros

Good breaks and amazing coworkers

Cons

Heavy lifting

Not a fun place to win.

Management are demanding and rude. There is continual cost cutting going on putting more and more pressure on the team. It is always a struggle to get the work done as there are never enough staff to do the work and management don’t support the staff as needed.

Pros

You get to meet a lot of people

Cons

Not enough staff to get job done

Great place

Really good training, management were supportive. Overall felt like this was a good place to learn and established yourself in a field. Only negatives were pay rises.

Overall good

I find it to be a great starting point for teens, as well as a stable place for casuals. That's in my experience. As a casual I get little hours but were frequent enough. Teens got a lot of hours which is good for them I feel. Training was good at the Balmain store as was management, they were understanding and flexible around mental health.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Not always getting hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Woolworths Supermarket?

friendly and enjoyable environment

i have not been here long but i’ve enjoyed it so far. i find most people are very friendly and are always happy to lend a hand if you need help. there are many things to do and you can always keep yourself busy which is something i find important.

Pros

consistent breaks, managers are always available to talk

Cons

hard to get consistent shifts

Draining but decent pay.

It’s alright, I feel drained every time I’m working and the people are not always approachable and easy to talk to. I have a decent enough salary as someone who is saving up to move out.

Pros

Variety of tasks

Cons

Coworkers.

Good first job

It is a good job for your first job, very flexible with shifts. They offer a lot of shifts to you, so it’s easy to get enough hours to pay for your bills.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pay

Flexible and decent pay, but bad management.

Their motto “We bring a little care to everyone each day” is laughable. I have been at two stores now and both have had management treat me unfairly due to the relationship with other employees either internally or externally to the business. Most of these team members or management I speak about have been with the business for years, good on them, but I feel they have a lot to learn. These are individuals who probably were treated the same way at some point. It is not worth stressing over, plenty more jobs out there, and today most of us are capable of being our own boss.

Productive and fun workplace

Before my first day at work, I made a research about the company expectations and their Values and Goals just to get a little knowledge about the job. Their staff is active and productive they get along well, and the way they respect and value their customers.

Pros

Fair on Lunch times

Cons

Off days

Not a good team to work

Lots of bias, unsafe work environment. Never know when you will be out of work.I feel there’s a lots of work ….. Not a good Management .Entire system is scary.They pay good but Don’t work here Union no power to talk.

Pros

Pay rates

Cons

Lots of favourite pets. Hard to work

Lots of fun. Great people. Customers can be hard but it's a rewarding experience. The benefits are good. Everyone is like a family. If you need help they are there to help

Pros

Supportive team

Cons

Stressful

Very boring

Some people might to be able to cope with a job at Woolworths in terms of being mentally-engaging, or lack there-off. However for me It's pretty painful. Management positions are probably a little more interesting but still not fulfilling. the work is very easy and not very physical, though people with back problems should be wary of doing long shifts, and make sure you try to change positions when you can.casual is very flexible, great for students!

Pros

occasional free snacks/fruit in lunchroom, occasional good chats with customers

Cons

Boring and unfulfilling, self-entitled and lazy customers

A decent place to work as a uni student.

The pay is not that great if you are a part-time or full-time worker. Very fast-paced and extremely stressful at times. However, the work-life balance is great as a casual worker.

Great workmates

Fair pay, friendly work environment. Lots of cleaning & customer interaction. Fast paced. Good amount of hours available. Management was approachable. Good training

Bad place

Toxic environment bad place to work. Would not recommend anyone to work there. They use and abuse staff. High turn over of staff on a weekly basis. Pay is average

Pros

Non

Cons

Short hours, bad pay, toxic environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement