Word Perfect Translations Ltd

Word Perfect Translations Ltd Employee Reviews in Dublin

Everyday is different, you will apply all your knowledge and expertise to unpredictable situations. you will meet with different people. Great for students/who has not full day available.
It was a great experience to be sent to different places: prison, hospital etc. Sometimes there were no jobs for weeks(not often though) and other times, I had to refuse jobs. Great people in the office. Always nice.
Pros
Interesting experience and very formative.
Cons
Well it is not a full time job.
Low pay and unprofessional office staff. Toxic people all over the management, some can't even speak proper english themselves, payment constantly delayed or just never paid. avoid at all cost.
It is nice place to working with, flexible hours, freedom to choose jobs suitable for your own hours. Sometimes the travel time is a bit too long, but the travel expense should be all covered. Nice agency colleague, easy to talk to when translator need to assist. Easy going culture in the office.
You Work 2-3 hours you get paid 13 per hour but you spend more then half day to travel from one location to onther and they pay less money then what you spend in travel .
Great team to work with ! Projects have been delivered with the clear task , time limits are organized really well . Project managers are replying really fast to any of requests. The best thing I like about this company is their ability to solve any problem . P.S. Project Managers have a great sense of humor that creates a good atmosphere in General:)
The workplace culture is great. A good place to work and learn grow yourself fast. During my time as a translator I worked with different project managers and all of them were very professional and happy to assist you with everything you needed. It is a faced paced environment so if you are a person eager to learn new things and works hard this is a place for you.
Wait for a call to send you for a translation. Be ready to go any where To deliver a bed news (Final stage of cancer) Meeting lots of new people from different backgrounds.
Pros
Long hours paid and transport too
Cons
Many weeks with no jobs.
Develops monitors and updates the Recruitment strategy according to present and future organizational needs and objectives; Used up-to-date search methodologies including social networking and active data mining to build talent pools and implement ways to attract passive candidates; Develops, monitors and updates the development & training strategy for the company to support the company’s business plan and to ensure that the staff have the necessary skills to meet their objectives and the opportunity to develop to the maximum of their potential; Translates business objectives and plans into future HR resource needs and assesses needs in terms of organizational structures and resources; Designs and manages the key supporting systems (e.g. Assessment systems, Performance Management Process, succession & talent management plans, etc); Takes active part in the development and implementation of measurement and feedback systems that improve the contribution of individuals and teams to business performance;
Pros
Breaks
Cons
I have worked for WPT for over a year as a language interpreter. I worked on call and had multiple jobs daily, some very short and some very long and specific. The job requires excellent organization and problem-solving skills, not to mention live translation skills. The office staff was always helpful and I was able to sort all my paperwork, same goes for the payroll department. Management was excellent, I could count on them to help with anything. Staff working on the phone are amazing, as they deal with a lot of scheduling and are always willing to find solutions to fit all. The job is not a typical 9 to 5 so the payment is lower, I would recommend it as an additional job and a great work experience - you get to cooperate with various professionals and deliver a very needed service. For me, personally, the experience with the company was excellent. I never had a single problem with salary. I enjoyed my time spent in Word Perfect Translations. * the hardest part of the job was translating for people in difficult life situations / and travelling to many locations through Dublin traffic * the best part of the job is that it's very meaningful, you help people every day in various ways and receive gratitude from private persons and various private and public sector workers for the service you provide * there is an excellent teamwork in the company - the scheduling staff tries hard to work with interpreters, also other interpreters are willing to help one another if certain jobs stretch in time or if somebody's car breaks down.
Since I have never been paid after doing two jobs for them, not happy at all. Yet, they keep calling me, asking me to do translations. Maybe it's an idea to pay me what's due first. Thanks.
Pros
Cons
Not getting paid
travel to the place is practically on your own expenses, payment received with month's delay, neither can't plan your own life nor the salary. Does not pay rent and bills. While traveling to other cities they pay distance, not time spent.
Pros
Cons
unpredictable schedule
Flexible hours, suits to the student or when looking for a new job in between. You can gain an experience about how Irish system works, meet different people.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not many hours
An excellent, cooperative working atmosphere, prompt responses to any queries and a formidable level of attention to detail in the work carried out. I enjoy working with Word Perfect.
Was on call. need to wait few months to get paid. not really getting enough hrs of work, despite these, company has good reputation good to work if there is enough call
Sometimes is very busy, other days quiet. Unpredictable environment, a good experience to meet with people from your own country abroad, experience to visit different institutions, a lot of different information. Sometimes have to make decision on your own.
Pros
A good experience
Cons
No fixed hours and wages
You meet plenty nice people and work everywhere :) If you like to travel from one place to another then this is perfect job for you.
Pros
Very flexible job, decent pay per hour.
Cons
It's just occasional employment so no finace security. You may work many hours per week or none.