XPO Logistics

XPO Logistics Employee Reviews

Great people and great place but the work is extremely hard and you have to stay sometimes till well after your finish time so the hours are terrible the job is a bit of fun you get to go out with different people in the van so it’s not so boaring
Terrible management, weakly roaster changes 3-4 times during the week, many times happened to be 2 drivers assigned on same run and many more. Ad-hoc duties every single day so you won’t do just your assigned run.👎
Don't know where to begin.. After 1/2 year there's finally HR! Now you can place your complaint to someone.. Management looks like somebody just pull them from primary school.. Warehouse understaffed, you won't have any help loading second run. Dayshift supervisors oh that's imaginary, there's no such a thing. They are to busy doing nothing ( playing games on the phone) and hiding somewhere in warehouse.. Poor maintenance of the vehicles, and load inside the van/rigid is completely unsafe, you're driving 1.5t/3.5t of furniture organised like bonfire.. Management and supervisors don't respect manual handling and you won't be provided with trolley suitable for normal work. You have to deliver everything no matter what!! They treat employees like donkeys..
Pros
4 day contract
Cons
Management, supervisors, vehicles
Company has no vision, it's consistant crisis management. No consistancy, recent staff over worked while those who came with contract do as little as possible. Sucession of managers who tend to last 3 months max, big talk from Northern Ireland manager and his HR side kick, talk amounts to nothing. Procedures are shambolic, processes are shambolic, management are shambolic! Health and safety doesn't feature on XPO radar, staff recognition doesn't either. It's all a smoke screen, poor management = poor performance.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours, horrible work force who came with contract, horrendous working conditions, overtime is a must, always due to bad work practices and management.
The company have plenty of vision but no skills to achieve this vision.There is no direction with a scattergun approach to management and no support for teams on the ground.
Pros
Cons
no direction from management
I only worked part time in this job, I enjoyed the days i got here a normal day here would be to off load an Artic witch comes from Dublin every morning with a team and then load the merchandise into vans , We deliver all around Munster witch is great to see different Countys and is great fun in the van, The warehouse is kept very organized
Pros
finish early
Cons
early start
AVOID AVOID AVOID!!! Absolute scum just like majority of the people in it including the managment who try pull wool over your eyes in fact the managment is so incompetent is that they cant even pay you correctly for 12 hours work. A chimp deserves to work in Xpo logistics as they would do a better job. DO NOT WORK FOR THESE. LET THEIR COMPANY FALL APART. working conditions are also foul.
Pros
Wasting your time
Cons
Pay, managment, organization, no proffesionalism.
They expect you to work all hours. No time to take brakes or have a life outside work cause too much is expected 7 days a week. safety for warehouse workers is a big concern due to facilities. This and very long working hours is not a safe enviroment. Its also very noisey in the ware house and because its all ways cold the days are very long. The manager treats us to breakfast or some times lunch to say thanks to us and these are my favorite times when she makes us all sit down for half and hour and we all have a laugh together in stead of rushing around the ware house loading or unloading or cleaning up. I like my job and our team but the money and the conditions are not great but I will stay until I find a better job with more money.
Pros
Manager all ways listens and values us as workers, and as individuals, and all ways makes time to ask us how we are
Cons
Long hours, very bad pay for the work done, XPO doesnt care about staff, but our manager is brilliant, and works hard like us, No heating in warehouse, canteen is a joke
XPO Ireland, Dublin 24 Management style is very authoritarian, rule by fear ethos. Managing Director is very dictatorial, everything gets run past her, no-one else makes decisions. HR involvement in Dublin office is practically nul so Manangement do whatever they want. Many barely take an hour for lunch let alone any 15 minute breaks. Staff here are very unhappy and over-worked. Employees don't matter. Management is task orientated. If you aren't well they couldn't care less. The boss here criticizes her staff publicly. Wouldn't recommend working here at all.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours and terrible Management practices.
It is a society worse in Ireland, in terms of working conditions, total anarchy, especially night work, lack of communications, and cherry on the cake, remuneration with slings stones ,,, short, it is one of the worst companies I've met in my life ,,, to be absolutely discouraged ...
Friendly environment. Strong safety procedures. Good time management. Daily tasks are focused on speed, productivity and performance. Good management. Good company provided good training's as required.
It was important to ensure everything was in order especially on the busy period of the year such as Christmas when the demand on our warehouse products was higher than usual. Communication between my co-workers and I was cruicial for the above mentioned to be achieved in a timely manner and orders made with no errors.
Day shift. very supportive management team, with hardworking general operatives. Always something new to learn and advance.
Pros
day work...monday to friday
Cons
budgetary constraints at times
Having worked in XPO Logistics for 13 years I found it to be an excellent company. I would highly recommend this company to any potential employee.
Pros
Training courses provided
Cons
None.