ZARA

ZARA Employee Reviews

Ireland59 reviews

Found 59 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,875 reviews

Good

I cannot complain at all, this job was an amazing opportunity for me. Thank you. I need to thanks all my team, my department, in general, the experience was amazing.

Pros

Good atmosphere

Cons

Poor salary with the life style here.

Good atmosphere bad management

No work life balance good for experience not for money really demanding job the targets come first before people no matter how much you do it’s never enough you won’t hear a good word

Inappropriate work place

The staffs and customers aren't a priority in the company, profits comes first!Since I started working at zara I felt I was just a number to them. Working overtime and irregular shifts being part-time and don't receiving for this, was the beginning of a nightmare. They don't hire enough staffs to cover the shopfloor but you feel the pressure to clean and tidy everything perfectly to the next day, they don't have enough " Ipods" that's an important tool to work, because the customer all time stops you to ask for more sizes and we don't have it to check. About commission, we suppose to receive 1% of the month sales of the days we've been working, but even when the store surpassed the sales target we receive less and less.Next year they will arrange a permanent commission, so that means, if the store sells much more than expected, we gonna receive the same amount every month, and they won't pay January salary because of this changes. I could write a book about how unsatisfactory is to work at Zara.

Pros

Staff discount 25%

Cons

Lack of respect with employees

Good experience

Hard work , no life balance whatsoever , whatever you do is never enough ..Upper management is very picky on managers and also you have to ' favourite 'to able to go up on ladder

Pros

Some experience

Cons

Long and unpaid hours

Never enough

Never enough people or hours to complete the job at hand. Long hours. Bad atmosphere as everyone is always stressed and unhappy. Individual store teams work well together but company ethos is bad

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long hours, unrealistic expectations

Overall Good Company

A stressful environment, but the pay is very good and if you could work in a ZARA, you can work in any stressful environment you get thrown into! The benefits are also good with discount etc.

Awful place to work stay away.

The store Manager is so unprofessional and can't organize her staff. The other managers are nice but they get no support and as a whole the store is under staffed.

Ahakagafanai hgfsjsj

Is good, to work for this company. Really big company in retail. And bring you a lot of opportunities to grow up inside. A lot of experience in this ten years working for them.

Pros

Money

Cons

Hours

Its ok if you are a student and want a part time job

Its not great in management, way too many hours and unless you get to' store manager' pay is awful for the amount of work and stress. If you are training for a management position, it can take 6 month to a year, in some cases doing the job before you get the title and pay. If theres a good team that can help, but this job attracts a lot of students, sometimes who just want to clock in and clock out which puts even more pressure on

Zero, null the worst company to work for

I had the worst working experience in my whole life working in Zara in Henry Street, Dublin 1. They promessed me full time and I got 8 hours a week from the start. There was 15 managers and everybody tells you what to do. One says do this then another comes and says do that..If you get pregnant they won't give you a chair at the till you need to stand on your feet all shift. You can't go on the toilet for hours. They treat you like a sh.. toilet toilet

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ZARA?

Stressful and unprepared

Regarding the salary I have no complaints, always received punctually during the time I worked at Zara Swords never had problems, now as the work itself, always had problems with the way the store is run, since my first day never received a training Appropriately, to allow me to know my duties, managers always indirectly preached "Speed ​​above quality," and were rude and unprofessional for the most unnecessary reasons, certainly the worst professional environment of my entire career.

Nice Job - Bad Management

Simple but very stressful job. A little more organization and more staff would make the work bearable. The malaise of the employees is evident since everyone wants to escape. Anyway, it is a good starting point for those who want to make a career in this sector.

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

Too stressful

Bad management and bullying

Short staff as they save money not hiring more people while the amount of job is exhausting. Store is not managed well. Constant pressure to do extra hours or stay on later than you are required to. Management can be unaccommodating and unreasonable. There is no system, so you must sign in and out of work on a sheet of paper and this usually leads to incorrect payment each month.

Productive and good team,

A normal day of work, first we distribute the work of each one, we see the objective of the day and the best selling clothes. After we always attend to the costumers and we try to keep the standars.

productive

fun to work at but during weekend it will be busy so we need to know how to handle the customer no matter how busy it gets. Zara is very professional when it comes to customer needs and wants

Zara is a great experience to work in a different fields

Working in zara is definitely giving loads of experience, as you working in busy environment , selling part and leaving customers happy is the best experience,

trabajo duro

Empresa en la que se trabaja duro con ambiente de trabajo que depende del Zara asignado

Poor working environment and conditions

I worked in Zara for 8 months, in which the air conditioning was broken during my entire period at the company, leaving cashiers and floor staff sweating for hours. When the issue was raised with managers, it was ignored, as were many other complaints. Bad working atmosphere. Managers tended to be biased with certain staff. Not an unenjoyable experience, and would not recommend.

Ambiente de trabajo informal

Ha sido una de las mejores experiencias laborales que he tenido, donde la innovación, la tecnología punta y la atención al cliente son los mejores puntos. Tengo que recalcar que mi experiencia en Zara fue en Dublin y Londres.

Not worth it

The store is not managed well. There is constant pressure to do extra hours or stay on later than you are required to. Management can be unaccommodating and unreasonable when it comes to hours. Constant changes are made to your hours without asking. Too much stock on the floor with limited staff working each day. This leads to a messy store and angry customers. There is no system, so you must sign in and out of work on a sheet of paper and this usually leads to incorrect payment each month. Aside from this all staff are very friendly but can get a hard time from customers who do not understand the pressure they are under.

productive and fun place to work

Serve customers in an appropriate manner that reflected well on the company. Focusing on one customer at a time was a key essential to achieve great customer service. Checking availability for customers. Working in the Fitting room, dealing with customer politely and courteously Making sure that high value items have security tags on them Responsible for store closing when required Replenishing stock, organizing shop display Ensure shop floor is tidy and presentable at all times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • ZARA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?