Zimmer Biomet

Zimmer Biomet Employee Reviews

Ireland17 reviews
Challenging job where you have the opportunity to get involved in projects and continuous improvement.
Great improvements made to the process in the last few years.

Hard work rewarded by development opportunities.
Pros
Opportunities to learn & progress. Great teamwork. Good Pay & Benefits - Healthcare, Pension, Education Assistance.
Cons
Communication and canteen could be improved.
The worst company in Galway too work for they do not care about there workers all they want is numbers and fill you with empty promises to get you too better the yearly merit is judged on what the company wants to give you not on the persons performance people are overworked and under paid.
Stay clear off this place.
Pros
The operators on the floor are nice people to work with
Cons
Supervisors and value streams are a disgrace
21 September 2020
At Zimmer Biomet we respect the contributions and perspectives of all team members. We’re sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience with us but appreciate your individual perspective and feedback. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Sorry I never said I work in Zimmer work is hard except to hit target without fully trained workers were nice that the only thing wont be recommend to anyone
22 June 2020
Management were absolutely terrible. Would constantly blame temps and agency workers for their own incompetence. The work itself was a bit stressful but not too bad overall if you were willing to work but even after years 1 slight mistake and management would hang you for it. Very incompetent pod managers.
1 June 2020
As stated in our guiding principles, we aim to respect the contributions and perspectives of each team member. After all, it’s all of our team members who work together to make the company a world leader in musculoskeletal healthcare. We’re sorry to hear that your experience wasn’t reflective of this.
in my short time with Zimmer , in the polishing Department, i received good training and alot of help during my training period , but due to the current problems worldwide , my time was cut short, due to temperory layoffs, overall i enjoyed my experience there and was greatful for the opportunity to work within the company.
1 June 2020
As stated in our guiding principles, we respect the contributions and perspectives of all team members. Your candid insight helps us to fulfill that promise.
If you want to break your body go for it
Because you can’t do enough in there to keep supervisors happy

Hr are supposed to be equal but are not?

Bad place to work
Pros
Fella workers are very helpful to each other
Cons
Lots of injuries
1 June 2020
At Zimmer Biomet, we commit to the highest standards of product safety, quality and integrity so customers and patients can feel confident in the company. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and observations.
A typical day at work began with the engineering team meeting where the days tasks and issues were discussed. Any task or issue you faced was always presented to the team and anyone with any knowledge would always help out. My co-workers were very welcoming and helpful during my time there. They thought me many CAD, 3D printing, communication, management and basic work skills. The hardest part of the job was getting everyone to agree on the same solution. With lots of opinions and knowledge it's important to listen to everyone's ideas and collectively agree on a solution. Getting collective agreement was often difficult, by being patient and gathering as much information about the task as possible, I overcame these challenges. Overall my time in Zimmer Biomet was very beneficial and productive.
1 June 2020
We are happy to hear about your positive experiences with the company. As stated in our guiding principles, we respect all of our team members’ contributions and perspectives. It’s part of why we aspire to be a best & preferred place to work.
Work is very repetitive and boring, a lead operator walks around all day asking you at least 15 times a day 'Are You Ok' which means 'Target' and adds no value to the company.

I learned absolutely nothing here as there is no communciation channels or courses were offered to upskill, no career development plan.

Management is very poor and unprofessional and hire alot of family or friends with no experience in this industry, in turn all of these people will be giving more preferential treatment to normal employees with training/development, promotions / handy jobs.

Targets are high and when you manage to get target it goes up the next day with no incentive, as hitting your target is the main priority of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was there was a few good people there, who felt the same and all they wanted was out as they just had enough with the behaviour of management, and getting a new job and leaving was the best thing that ever happened to me.
The factory maintains a professional but also friendly appearance at all times while I was there, I was able to acquire many skills which have helped me since i did work experience there
Dont be fooled by the location of this company it might be based on oranmore Galway there is more people from Clare than Galway because the management favour people from Clare over any other people from anywhere even if you are better skilled better worker means nothing it counts double for promotion in this company. The hr is terrible also a peer of mine made a complaint about a supervisor bullying her the company sat the two of them in the same room with one other member of management a friend of the supervisor accused and laughed at the person being bullied claims I witness them and 100% she was being bullied but they treated her terribly.
Save yourself the hassle dont apply here they are always looking for people for years now because of the terrible terrible conduct they have towards their employees.
Pros
Production are great people
Cons
Management pressure shift
Found nothing of value working there.
Constant fire fighting.

Work dumped off on people.

Management poor, middle managment pathetic.

Really need to change attitude towards workers from MGMT consider everyone replaceable and as a result, treat people with no respect.
Pros
Cons
Badly run, top to bottom.
Excellent Company. Spent 6 months as a co-op student with Zimmer 2014/15. The experience and training I received was fundamental to my engineering course. The staff helped in every way with my advancement of understanding how manufacturing company operate.
Pros
priceless experince for a student
Cons
No cons
Poor place to work., pay is very bad and the bosses are very unprofessional, Employees are very unhappy. Very repetitive. A Lot gossiping about other employees
Du pont work pattern is very difficult on the body clock. 4 nights on 12hr shifts, 2 days to change over for a 12hr day shift. Takes its toll on the body clock. There's no incentive to hit target, once you do it goes up and you get nothing for hitting it.
Training in someone new is a joke. You're expected to hit your target and keep an eye on someone else's work. If they mess up its on your name. That happens too often and you've to be retrained!

The new person gets signed off and you get nothing for it.

Due to the shift pattern you could be working bank holidays. You get the exact same pay as a normal working week. The shift not working are also getting paid.

The shift supervisors are all in competition with each other so be prepared to have them work you like a dog. Your breaks will be monitored closely. The competition also means they you could walk into a poor shift handover and are still expected to hit target. If you don't hit it you'll be explaining why.

The gang in the office look down on the production floor staff. Without the floor staff the office staff wouldn't be in the job, they really need to learn to appreciate the folks doing the manual labour.

Quality goes out the window the moment the auditors leave the building. Quality is purely lip service. It's numbers that's king in this place.
Pros
The people on the floor
Cons
Management, supervisors, pay, work hours
Rotating shift from 12 hour nights to days with little rest, worker fatigue.
No bonus system in place for hitting targets.

Targets being set are very unrealistic and are being enforced by constant pressure from supervisor and head engineers.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Long Hours, rotating shift and Unrealistic targets set
Too many managers, they are tripping over each other, promotions for all the yes men, no concept of common sense or fairness
Pros
People on the floor
Cons
Salary well below rival companies
The Du Pont shift just does not work for me. The week off just isn't a big enough carrot. Health and well-being is affected and thats the most important thing of all.
Pros
The people
Cons
Shift Work