Full job description
A Unique Opportunity: BrightWork is looking to hire a full-time, permanent Product Owner for our newest BrightWork365product which enables project and portfolio management within Microsoft 365. The successful candidate will be a growth focused, experienced, talented, creative, and driven individual who is up for an exciting challenge. Is this you?
About BrightWork: BrightWork (https://www.brightwork.com/), whose clients include global companies like Amazon and United States Postal Service, has been a software product development company focusing on project and portfolio management solutions for 28+ years. BrightWork is an award winning and long-time Microsoft ISV (Independent Software Vendor) Partner with teams in the United States and Ireland.
Role and Responsibilities
- Guide and manage feature requests through the Design and Build stages of our Product Management and Delivery journey
- Manage the backlog in Microsoft Azure Dev Ops (ADO)
- Ensure a flow of “Ready” stories for our Product Development team
- Ensure well scoped Technical Investigations inform feature design
- Deliver a clear story break-down using Journey Mapping and other techniques as needed
- Work with our Product Designer to ensure that prototypes and designs inform the stories
- Write clear and concise user stories
- Review major feature designs with our customers
- Manage the refinement process
- Acceptance test stories on behalf of our Product Manager and our Customers on
- Own the retrospectives and improvement of our Design stage
- Be the voice of the Product Manager and our Customers on the Product Development team
Your Relevant Role Experience – Essential
- 3 to 5+ years proven experience as a Product Owner role within a software product environment
- Knowledge and experience with Agile product development approaches (e.g., SCRUM) including: backlog refinement, journey mapping, user story writing, and acceptance testing
Personal Attributes – Essential
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to understand and articulate customer needs
- Process-oriented approach with great attention to detail
- An ability to listen, learn and then make good decisions (with competing inputs)
- An excellent problem solver
- A natural collaborator who can facilitate well, build strong relationships and influence customers and internal teams
- Energetic individual who is eager to take on challenges
- Dedicated to high standards and quality in all work tasks and deliverables
- College business or technical degree
Domain Experience – Very Desirable
- Experience with and / or an understanding of Project and Portfolio Management
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Microsoft Power Platform and Azure DevOps
Location: For this role, you must be based in Ireland and you will ideally be located in the Galway area close to our product development and marketing teams. You are welcome to work from our Galway office or remotely within striking distance of Galway.
IMPORTANT! Application: Please apply with your curriculum vitae (resume) and be sure to make clear your compensation requirements. BrightWork is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Yearly bonus
- Please describe your experience as a Product Owner.
- Please describe your knowledge and experience with Agile product development approaches.
- What interests you about applying to this role and BrightWork?
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Galway
Reference ID: GW-PO-Ind-23